Iowa Football Recruiting

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You think it's uncommon for a player to lose his job after one year as a starter where he was mediocre to a freshman who enrolled early?

You keep pretending Stanley was mediocre, he wasn't. He was way better than Kempt, and Purdy couldn't beat him out.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Purdy couldn't beat out Kempt or Noland, he was handed the job because of injury and how bad and ineffective Noland was. I mean we are talking a non NFL guy, and a FCS QB here. CMC lost an all important Big12 game handing Noland the reins over Purdy. Against TCU CMC stuck with Noland and his 14-28 for 79 yards instead of going to Purdy. YIKES!

Want a record of this.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
There's no way they "knew" he wasn't going to redshirt. C'mon. If things had been going better with Kempt or Noland he never would've played.

I agree with Twins on this one. When you look at how bad the isu OL was in 2018, isu’s coaches knew right away they would need at least 3 if not 4 QB’s to get through the season.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
CMC was going to burn his redshirt yes because he was going to play meaningful snaps

LOL. So he plays against Akron and that is meaningful? Purdy didn't even play against TCU when Kempt was hurt. How can you say he was going to take "meaningful" snap when the starter is out with injury and he goes to some FCS QB first?

If Kempt was healthy Purdy doesn't see a meaningful snap all year long, we all know this.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LOL. So he plays against Akron and that is meaningful? Purdy didn't even play against TCU when Kempt was hurt. How can you say he was going to take "meaningful" snap when the starter is out with injury and he goes to some FCS QB first?

If Kempt was healthy Purdy doesn't see a meaningful snap all year long, we all know this.

They actually were going to play him vs Oklahoma in a rotation but Noland played really well. CMC didn't want to play him at TCU vs a Gary Patterson defense his first time out. This isn't a secret he wasn't going to redshirt lol

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
View attachment 72443 @Lemmiwinks this really hurts your troll effort. Sorry my man
I keep telling you, no troll. Hell, one of the staff members on here wrote an article a poster linked that said ISU is the odds on favorite. Pretty sure someone claimed he'd be committing to Wisconsin a week ago, still hasn't happened. ISU is in the drivers seat, and every day that goes by the he doesn't pick up a Stanford offer it's more of a sure thing.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
2019 All Conference QB's in the Big 12

1st team: Heisman runner up Jalen Hurts
2nd team: Brock Purdy

Iowa's last second team or better:

2015 All Conference QB's in the Big 10

1st team: Connor Cook
2nd team: CJ Beathard
3rd team: Nate Sudfeld

Congrats???

When was the last time ISU finished the year ranked in the top 25?

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
2000 I believe

Yikes, you would think the greatest coach in isu history would have had at least 1 top ten finish by now. I mean KF did to this point in his career at Iowa and clone fans keep telling us how much better CMC is than Kirk so something is a miss here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron