Iowa football contacts ISU's Big 12 opponents about lax security at JTS

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
Also, It's not like Federici called the Gazette to tell them that he did it...

Im not saying what Fedirici did was right or wrong, I'm just saying none of us know how football ops guys do things and maybe it was just a common courtesy thing. Once again, not saying its right.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013
You do realize you are starting to contradict yourself, right?

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic
"I'm simply saying it's funny that you guys are trying to make Iowa look bad for warning other schools when it's entirely possible the person responsible could still be around and have access to the locker room."

"It's also a highly unlikely possibility that it was a member of the security team or a member of the Cyclone staff. Which means more than likely the security team somehow let a fan slip into the locker room."

So which is it? The person who did it has access to the locker room (people with access would most likely be security or a staff member--which you say is highly unlikely) or somehow a fan slipped into the locker room (and according to you it is entirely possible this fan is somehow going to "slip" into the locker room yet again even with increased security).

I'm not contradicting myself. I have no idea who did it nor does anyone outside the investigation. I'm just saying anything is possible. It could be an ISU fan, a Hawk fan, a member of security, a Cyclone staffer, or even a Hawkeye staffer. I have no idea, but as long as anything is possible there is a reason to believe the person responsible could still have direct access to the locker rooms. Of course he or she wouldn't try the same thing again, but the very fact it was allowed to happen in the first place should be enough to justify a warning to schools who are visiting in the near future. Specially when that warning is a convenient little way to poke fun at your in-state rival for their inability to provide what should be a very basic level of security for a locker room within a D1 stadium.

You guys can blame it on CSC all you want, but the University is ultimately responsible. You would think someone within the University had approved the way CSC was providing security. Not to mention the fact it's probably one of the last stadiums in 'Merica to not have cameras on the inner corridors of a major stadium.

Last edited:

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
To be fair, I watched an ISU fan try to **** on Iowa's band equipment after the 2005 game. That fan didnt get to far, but his drunk *** sure tried.
In 2002 I had a full beer can pelted at my head and the guy I was with from Connecticut just observing the rivalry had a full cup of urine dumped on his head. Needless to say was the last time I entered kinnick. We went to security and got laughed at. I considered warning Nebraska fans about Hawk behavior but decided that may be counter productive.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
In 2002 I had a full beer can pelted at my head and the guy I was with from Connecticut just observing the rivalry had a full cup of urine dumped on his head. Needless to say was the last time I entered kinnick. We went to security and got laughed at. I considered warning Nebraska fans about Hawk behavior but decided that may be counter productive.

This is obviously your fault, as it was an inside job as a fellow ISU fan pelted you with a beer can and dumped urine on your buddies head.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
First, you can say all you want that you would be embarrassed if your school did this to another school, but until you're put in that situation you have no idea. If ISU did this to Iowa in particular I have a strong feeling many of you would think it is funny. Again, no one will admit that but it's true.

Am I proud that the U of I called these other schools to warn them about the lack of security at ISU? No I'm not proud of it. Am I embarrassed? No, I'm not embarrassed in the least bit. In fact, I think it's kinda funny, but that's only because it's ISU. If it was a non-rival school I would think less of it. The U of I almost NEVER goes out of their way to jab ISU like Pollard occasionally does to Iowa so in this case I'm glad they finally pushed back a little.

Second, you make the comment that "mistakes happen". It was just a mistake... Well it's a pretty freaking ridiculous mistake to have over $2,000 worth of stuff stolen from the visitors locker room at the D1 level of football. This is a major stadium with two major Universities involved. It's not like their team bus was parked out in the parking lot and stuff got jacked from it. The fact ISU failed to have the proper security in place to prevent something like this is the only thing out of all of this nonsense that can be considered unprofessional. Plus, if Iowa State failed to maintain adequate security during the Iowa game then why is it so unfair for the University of Iowa to give a shout out to other schools who will be visiting Jack Trice simply to warn them that this took place? Is it not possible that the perp could be a member of the very security team that was in charge of keeping people out of the locker room? Is it not possible that the perp could be someone who has access? No one has been detained so if those things are possible then it's also possible this perp could still be within reach of the visitors locker room!

The only thing that I got out of that is that a hawk fan acknowledged that JTS is a major stadium.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Man, you really took that in a different direction than what I'm guessing he meant.

View attachment 22269

How so? He is saying Iowa is taking a shot at ISU by "warning" all of these Big XII universities about what happened at ISU. What I am saying is that JP is a very well respected AD among the AD's in the Big XII Conference. There was a random incident at ISU and I highly doubt any AD's in the Big XII are concerned about it. They know JP, they understand that he gets **** done, and if JP has handled the situation then it is not a concern going forward. On the other hand... they did learn that the way things are handled at EIU is Bush League.... a real second rate organization.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
How so? He is saying Iowa is taking a shot at ISU by "warning" all of these Big XII universities about what happened at ISU. What I am saying is that JP is a very well respected AD among the AD's in the Big XII Conference. There was a random incident at ISU and I highly doubt any AD's in the Big XII are concerned about it. They know JP, they understand that he gets **** done, and if JP has handled the situation then it is not a concern going forward. On the other hand... they did learn that the way things are handled at EIU is Bush League.... a real second rate organization.
You took what he said and turned it into some conspiracy theory to turn the big 12 against Iowa State. And if the University of Iowa is some bush league organization i fear for what is going on in Ames.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
It is entirely possible that the perp was a Hawk. I never said that it wasn't a possibility, but it's a highly unlikely possibility. It's also a highly unlikely possibility that it was a member of the security team or a member of the Cyclone staff. Which means more than likely the security team somehow let a fan slip into the locker room. I'm just playing the devil's advocate here.
This happened to my college team once in ohio (I played for Iowa Wesleyan in the years just following Leach and Mumme wso we had all kinds of folks from everywhere some with questionable ethics). We made a big deal about it only to find out two days later it was a freshman d lineman from Georgia from our own team. We were shocked, coach made him return everyone's crap in front of the team. Then he was sent home.

I agree it is doubtful but some people are just shady and you don't know. The tell tale sign was selective stealing. Only 5 guys had there stuff stolen and they were the guys nobody really liked and road trip was the perfect cover to blame on outside folks.

proisu

Jan 11, 2008
nowhere
I remember one of those ISU fb trips to Kinnick (2000 or 2002) some Hok dicks went on a key-scratching tour of the tailgate lots during the game and vandalized several cars with ISU plates/decals, etc., including JJ Moses' fathers' car.

That lack of security cost ISU folks 100X more $$$ than the thefts at ISU last month

was there with Jerry n a young Milan, lot more damage than this crap!! but this is not cool stuff, but to have an official rep of ur university do this is beyond childish!!!

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
So none of the stolen phones had a app to help find the phone? I forgot these were Iowa players and unless someone put the app on for them and activated it for them they wouldn't know to do it.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
What's so wrong about this? I don't understand. I would do the same thing if it had happened to my team.

proisu

Jan 11, 2008
nowhere
I'm not contradicting myself. I have no idea who did it nor does anyone outside the investigation. I'm just saying anything is possible. It could be an ISU fan, a Hawk fan, a member of security, a Cyclone staffer, or even a Hawkeye staffer. I have no idea, but as long as anything is possible there is a reason to believe the person responsible could still have direct access to the locker rooms. Of course he or she wouldn't try the same thing again, but the very fact it was allowed to happen in the first place should be enough to justify a warning to schools who are visiting in the near future. Specially when that warning is a convenient little way to poke fun at your in-state rival for their inability to provide what should be a very basic level of security for a locker room within a D1 stadium.

You guys can blame it on CDC all you want, but the University is ultimately responsible. You would someone within the University had approved the way CDC was providing security. Not to mention the fact it's probably one of the last stadiums in 'Merica to not have cameras on the inner corridors of a major stadium.

Who the H*** do you guys think you are? YOU, are the morality police? YOU are a university that needs to warn people of actions within their athletic program? EXACT reason u guys make me sick, you do so many things wrong, and blow them off, then talk **** about others!!! PITIFUL!!! do we need to do an accounting of the gov money (ours) stolen on housing...girls getting raped (unfortunately happens too often) but covered up !!! BUT u r gonna warn other universities about us...Fudging PLEASE!!!!!

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Who the H*** do you guys think you are? YOU, are the morality police? YOU are a university that needs to warn people of actions within their athletic program? EXACT reason u guys make me sick, you do so many things wrong, and blow them off, then talk **** about others!!! PITIFUL!!! do we need to do an accounting of the gov money (ours) stolen on housing...girls getting raped (unfortunately happens too often) but covered up !!! BUT u r gonna warn other universities about us...Fudging PLEASE!!!!!

:biglaugh:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
You took what he said and turned it into some conspiracy theory to turn the big 12 against Iowa State. And if the University of Iowa is some bush league organization i fear for what is going on in Ames.

So you are suggesting what this EIU employee did was the action of a first class organization?

How about an incident happens in Ames, the AD immediately has his employees assist in anyway they can with the police investigation, they work to address the issues at hand, they institute changes, and they make arrangements acceptable to the parties that were negatively impacted by the incident. This is how a first class organization handles things. What they don't do is take an incident, use it as an opportunity to attempt to take a cheap shot, or handle it "internally" aka sweep it under the rug, they don't run embarrassing failures that they slap the name "internal investigation" on, they don't screw up their internal investigations so badly that they have to blow a ton of money by having to hire an independent firm to perform a second investigation, etc... you see where I am going with this.

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013

Haha must have struck a nerve with this one. In case you haven't noticed I find this entire 13 page thread and counting very comical. Your little rant is the icing on the cake young man!

By the way, I'll be enjoying your loss against Texas tonight in person. My Dad had a free ticket so I figured why not? I'll be the guy not wearing any ISU gear ;)

Last edited:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I took what he said and called it what it is... a pathetic attempt by an EIU employee to slander Iowa State University, the athletic department, the football program, ISU employees, ISU fans, etc... in a sad attempt to hurt their reputation within the Big XII Conference. I would say that description is spot on.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I took what he said and called it what it is... a pathetic attempt by an EIU employee to slander Iowa State University, the athletic department, the football program, ISU employees, ISU fans, etc... in a sad attempt to hurt their reputation within the Big XII Conference. I would say that description is spot on.

Do you know the definition of slander?
If this happened to ISU at a visiting stadium I would expect them to do the same thing

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
**** everyone in Johnson county.

It's busch league to "tattle" to the other visiting teams.

Prove to me it wasn't someone on the Hawkeye staff. Oh, wait, you can't.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
This is all about the Hawks being scared to death about being a smaller university than isu and not having success athletically lately.

The local idiot also known as raisen face knew very well why he needed to bad mouth isu all the time.

Unfortunately for the Hawks its too late. ISU is just getting bigger and more recognized as the flag ship university in the state.

Your little equipment guy is just one of the many hawks who see what's happening.

Its ok.. maybe one day you will be as big as isu.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron