Iowa football contacts ISU's Big 12 opponents about lax security at JTS

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
OK...this is a contradiction...why would you or anyone else (including U of I) label it in those terms until we DO know who is responsible? Bottom line: Federici and Iowa think we can't handle security (and dismiss our increased measures to this), and want to slander ISU in our own conference. It's pathetic.

Beyond the issue of who did it, in this day and age, IMO it's still a pretty significant oversight to not have security cameras in key areas like corridors that provide access to the locker rooms.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
This was really an immature, childish move on the part of Iowa, but then why would anyone be surprised?

What is really stupid about it is that I'm sure most of the other teams had already heard about the incident, and I'm pretty sure that the necessary contacts were made between their people and ISU's people regarding upcoming games. I don't know that they did, but it would not surprise me a bit if someone from ISU contacted the schools coming to Ames this year to address the situation. At the very least, I'm sure it will come up in the conversations between the schools when final arrangements are made for this year's games.

You have to ask yourself what would be the point of the Iowa person contacting the other schools, except to somehow think he is getting back at ISU? Some of the Iowa posters even admit that it was a punk move by their guy by comparing it to JP putting a billboard up in Eastern Iowa a few years ago, which they also consider to be a punk move. So they equate this with that, and in the end admit that what their guy did, according to their perspective of thinks was just childish and immature. More brilliant logic from perspicacious Hawk clodpates.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Good. The story was embarrassing for us. The hawks found a way to make us look like the good guys.

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013
I hope nothing ever bad happens with the CSC at Kinnick then...

One game something happened. Was it inexcusable? Yes. But ISU's fault in this isn't at big as many, especially hawks are trying to pull. ISU had it's belief in CSC's staff doing their job, they failed. And ISU are addressing the issue with cameras/more security staffing.

So your feeble attempts at trying to make ISU look worse are laughable at best.

I'm not trying to make ISU look worse. This whole incident has done more than enough in that regard. I'm simply saying it's funny that you guys are trying to make Iowa look bad for warning other schools when it's entirely possible the person responsible could still be around and have access to the locker room.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I'm not trying to make ISU look worse. This whole incident has done more than enough in that regard. I'm simply saying it's funny that you guys are trying to make Iowa look bad for warning other schools when it's entirely possible the person responsible could still be around and have access to the locker room.

Iowa is making themselves look bad, no help needed from a random fan site.

It's cute that you believe the last sentence is why Iowa did this, good thing you have some perspective.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
This makes me think this a-hole did this outside of Barta's knowledge. Oh, and ISU offered full reimbursement. **** just happens sometimes.

"The athletics department has offered to reimburse Iowa’s players and coach for the theft “if the person(s) responsible are not identified,” according to a Sept. 16 news release. According to Rick Klatt, Iowa’s associate athletics director for external relations, Iowa purchased replacement cell phones and Iowa State will reimburse the school.
I know Gary (Barta, Iowa’s athletics director) is very pleased with how Iowa State University has handled this,” Klatt said."

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

This incident was a mere blip on the radar and to claim it is anything more then that is a huge stretch. Hok fans such as yourself are trying to make more out of this insignificant incident then there is. A few items were taken from the Iowa locker room. ISU is addressing the issue with added security, adding security cameras, and they have offered to reimburse those that suffered losses. Iowa accepted that offer. That is where the story ends.... Unless the culprit is found to be a member of the Iowa football programs traveling party. Then this story blows up. Hok on hok crime, another incident in the rich history of criminal activity within the Iowa football program, more media coverage of hok criminal activity and all of the past incidents from rapes, assaults, credit card fraud, DJK's crack house, Nelson's stache of illegally obtained prescription drugs, Rhabdo, etc... will all be brought back into the news.

Be careful what you wish for hoks... Karma is a real *****.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Entirely possible? Not likely.

Iowa State University police have a suspect in the theft of items from the Iowa football team’s locker room during the Hawkeye’s game against ISU at Jack Trice Stadium last month, ISU police said Wednesday.

You think the same person is going to do this again?

As a result of the Sept. 14 incident, ISU Police and Athletic Department officials said there will be security changes for ISU’s game Thursday night against Texas.

Rob Bowers, Associate Director Department of Public Safety, said there have been changes made by Contemporary Services Corporation (CSC) of Des Moines, the company hired for security at ISU football games.

“CSC has made some changes in where they will place personnel for the game,†Rob Bowers, Assistant Director Department of Public Safety said. “They have shared the changes with the athletic department and us, and we are comfortable with the changes.â€

Senior Associate Athletics Director Chris Jorgensen said there will be an additional security staffer in the locker room corridors with the responsibility to check in all personnel entering the locker rooms when not occupied by visiting team staff.

Another change is that the doors from the hallways entering visiting team and officials locker room areas will be required to be locked at all times if not occupied.

“This includes during halftime and before the game,†Jorgensen said.

Jorgensen said there were already plans for more security cameras in the athletic buildings prior to the Sept. 14 incident were nine Iowa players and coached reported the loss of cell phones and $50 total in cash.

So the other teams need to be warned that ISU took immediate action, have a suspect, and made security changes----but beware visiting teams! Don't leave that $50 lying around!

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames

And it's still entirely possible that the perp was a hok who thought it would be funny to make the host school look bad. Odd that you can't see the other side of the possibilities, but not surprising, considering your statements here.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
OK...this is a contradiction...why would you or anyone else (including U of I) label it in those terms until we DO know who is responsible? Bottom line: Federici and Iowa think we can't handle security (and dismiss our increased measures to this), and want to slander ISU in our own conference. It's pathetic.
Let's say I'm less than hopeful this turns out well for ISU. It's everyone's wet dream on here that it turns out someone affiliated with UI was responsible (mine too) but I don't see it turning out that way, IMO.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
You don't think he'd get a shot in at Iowa if possible? He did put up a billboard outside of Cedar Rapids just to get under their skin, which could be considered childish as well...

Huh? How is this different that the hawk billboards that have been up in Des Moines for the last 20+ years. The uofi is not in Cedar Rapids, FYI. I love that nearly 10 years later, whiney little hawks are still bothered by a billboard that was up for just a few months, over 20 miles away from Iowa's (so-called) campus. Idiots....

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I am sure the other schools were so relieved to hear from Iowa in a goodwill move. Give me a break. There are thieves everywhere, and whoever did this their motivation was greed and opportunity not what school it was. Still very interested to see who the perpetrator is.

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013
Iowa is making themselves look bad, no help needed from a random fan site.

It's cute that you believe the last sentence is why Iowa did this, good thing you have some perspective.

Dude I've admitted in a previous post that I'm sure part of the reason Iowa did this was to take a shot at ISU. That is perspective.

Hawkaholic

May 14, 2013
And it's still entirely possible that the perp was a hok who thought it would be funny to make the host school look bad. Odd that you can't see the other side of the possibilities, but not surprising, considering your statements here.

It is entirely possible that the perp was a Hawk. I never said that it wasn't a possibility, but it's a highly unlikely possibility. It's also a highly unlikely possibility that it was a member of the security team or a member of the Cyclone staff. Which means more than likely the security team somehow let a fan slip into the locker room. I'm just playing the devil's advocate here.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You do realize you are starting to contradict yourself, right?

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic
"I'm simply saying it's funny that you guys are trying to make Iowa look bad for warning other schools when it's entirely possible the person responsible could still be around and have access to the locker room."

"It's also a highly unlikely possibility that it was a member of the security team or a member of the Cyclone staff. Which means more than likely the security team somehow let a fan slip into the locker room."

So which is it? The person who did it has access to the locker room (people with access would most likely be security or a staff member--which you say is highly unlikely) or somehow a fan slipped into the locker room (and according to you it is entirely possible this fan is somehow going to "slip" into the locker room yet again even with increased security).

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
It is entirely possible that the perp was a Hawk. I never said that it wasn't a possibility, but it's a highly unlikely possibility. It's also a highly unlikely possibility that it was a member of the security team or a member of the Cyclone staff. Which means more than likely the security team somehow let a fan slip into the locker room. I'm just playing the devil's advocate here.

I think you need to do a better job constructing your statements. People won't be so quick to jump on you if you don't initially leave out the idea that you believe in the possibility a hok could have been the thief.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Dude I've admitted in a previous post that I'm sure part of the reason Iowa did this was to take a shot at ISU. That is perspective.

That's not perspective, it's admitting the painfully obvious. Thinking that any part of it was because of genuine concern for the other teams is incredibly naïve.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

Apparently Iowa fans didn't pay too much attention during conference realignment. Do you honestly believe that this tool from Iowa was going to create some firestorm of controversy within the Big XII and these other universities would turn against Iowa State because of some stupid email he sent?

Jamie Pollard has served as the chairman of the Big XII AD's. He is very well respected among the Big XII universities so it is going to take a lot more then some ******** from iowa emailing these universities about some insignificant incident to even get their attention.

Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard, the chairman of the Big 12 ADs, said there were “healthy discussions” about what might happen numbers-wise in the future.
“There’s a lot of possibilities. It could be nine, it could be 10, it could be 12, it could be 16, pick a number,” Pollard said.
Pollard, who spoke on behalf of the league, said there is a process for stabilization. He wouldn’t go into specifics, but said there was a clear consensus among the nine schools on the items discussed.
“Ultimately we have to prove it because there will always be doubters,” he said. “All I can say is the people we were locking arms with in that room feel pretty committed to me. I take people on their word. I’m not worried about it at all.”

In addition to his responsibilities at Iowa State, Pollard has served as chair
of the Big 12 Athletics Directors Committee and the Big 12 Wrestling Committee
and is First Vice-President of the Division 1A Athletics Directors Association.

While chair of the Big 12 AD group, the league solidified its stability
with the hiring of a new commissioner, a long-term grant of television rights,
the addition of two new members and a bowl alliance with the SEC.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
Apparently Iowa fans didn't pay too much attention during conference realignment. Do you honestly believe that this tool from Iowa was going to create some firestorm of controversy within the Big XII and these other universities would turn against Iowa State because of some stupid email he sent?

Jamie Pollard has served as the chairman of the Big XII AD's. He is very well respected among the Big XII universities so it is going to take a lot more then some ******** from iowa emailing these universities about some insignificant incident to even get their attention.

Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard, the chairman of the Big 12 ADs, said there were “healthy discussions†about what might happen numbers-wise in the future.
“There’s a lot of possibilities. It could be nine, it could be 10, it could be 12, it could be 16, pick a number,†Pollard said.
Pollard, who spoke on behalf of the league, said there is a process for stabilization. He wouldn’t go into specifics, but said there was a clear consensus among the nine schools on the items discussed.
“Ultimately we have to prove it because there will always be doubters,†he said. “All I can say is the people we were locking arms with in that room feel pretty committed to me. I take people on their word. I’m not worried about it at all.â€

In addition to his responsibilities at Iowa State, Pollard has served as chair
of the Big 12 Athletics Directors Committee and the Big 12 Wrestling Committee
and is First Vice-President of the Division 1A Athletics Directors Association.

While chair of the Big 12 AD group, the league solidified its stability
with the hiring of a new commissioner, a long-term grant of television rights,
the addition of two new members and a bowl alliance with the SEC.

Man, you really took that in a different direction than what I'm guessing he meant.

View attachment 22269

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Yeah, sorry, no spin. Those were horrible situations handled pathetically by the UI that have been a black eye on the program and the University, deservedly so. Real people and real lives affected in a way nobody deserves to have to deal with.

What I won't do is blame the victims for the crime, or the athletes for the Rhabdo. That'd be kind of like blaming the UI football program for being ripped off while playing a game at Trice.

My original point stands. If roles were reversed, and the Cyclone football team was ripped off at Kinnick, and Pollard et al called Iowa out publicly and caused them a little embarrassment, I doubt there'd be too many ISU fans claiming it was an immature move. They'd probably love it.

You are right but in that situation we would still be wrong. Just because hawks enjoy it doesn't make it a classy move. I hope our AD would be more professional.