keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
VT beats Iowa.

Those twitter threads are fun ... reminds me of the beat down they had and the crying that ensued.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
So the NCAA is finally going to punish somebody for breaking rules.... the students and not the blue bloods. Got it.
Seems to me ALL rule breakers should be punished in an appropriate manner.

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022

I've never seen a fanbase/community hate one another more than the Iowa Hawkeyes fanbase/community does.

Their own fans hate one another more than any fanbase on the country. Go take a look at their messages boards/twitter - all it seems to be is Hawk fans arguing at each other about any given subject. It's so bizarre. They literally can't stand one another.

Clearly it boils over into their own beat writers/reporters like shown above.

Another example is Hassel vs Bohannon, Hassel vs Mcaffery, Harty vs Many.

The amount of in-fighting throughout the Hawkeye community is insane.

FWIW - I agree with Kakert here, LOL, Eickholt did exactly that.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've never seen a fanbase/community hate one another more than the Iowa Hawkeyes fanbase/community does.

Their own fans hate one another more than any fanbase on the country. Go take a look at their messages boards/twitter - all it seems to be is Hawk fans arguing at each other about any given subject. It's so bizarre. They literally can't stand one another.

Obviously Eickholt recognized that he did that too...

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009

All of them are tissue paper soft.

• Agree
Reactions: IowaState88

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I still remember the beatdown from EIU just a few months ago. I think all the Iowa beat writers were doing this. They still do with coaches, but they aren't sucking their thumb though!;)

bh187-dumb-and-dumber.gif

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
So Theoretically...

FOR SURE
at SC
at Ohio State
UCLA

MOST LIKELY
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Minnesota

I'm real torn up about it. Real. Torn. Up.
Hilarious how Hawk fans want to act like they’re this national brand playing in a mega national conference… but then when push comes to shove and they actually have to play the games - they whine and cry. Typical.

Not so fun when you aren't playing Northwestern, Illinois, Rutgers, and Maryland every year now! Ya reap what ya sow!

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Have your cake and eat it Hawk fans! You wanna brag all about your B10 TV deals and how you’re in a ‘top’ conference, well enjoy playing in it!
Yeah they’re going to have a very tough time. And if Wisconsin and Nebraska hired the right guys, with Illinois being solid, Iowa’s screwed.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The fun part about the bandwagon Iowa WBB fans was them finally learning about Kim Mulkey, like we haven't been dealing with her for 20 years already.

When Iowa played Baylor in the NCAA tournament back in 2019 the Iowa media were all whining and crying about Kim and Baylor's physical play. Iowa State was like yeah, welcome to what we have been dealing with for the last 15 years.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Hassell doesn't ball wash the U of I and he LOVES to poke the bear.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Yeah they’re going to have a very tough time. And if Wisconsin and Nebraska hired the right guys, with Illinois being solid, Iowa’s screwed.
For sure. But it's only a matter of time before a 9-3 big 10 team sneaks in an expanded playoff over a 10-2 maybe 11-1 big 12 team because of perceived SOS.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
For sure. But it's only a matter of time before a 9-3 big 10 team sneaks in an expanded playoff over a 10-2 maybe 11-1 big 12 team because of perceived SOS.

To make it clear, I would rather see ISU beat K-State, TCU more so than Iowa. But because of this point by mitchforcy, in some ways I agree with people who say beating Iowa is as important or more so than beating K-State for example.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
True but hopefully our new relationship with our TV partners help prop up our image.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyrocks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron