Iowa Beat Writers

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
really? was that is that report? can you provide that whole quote?
“Wadley and other players say Brian Ferentz and Doyle used the N-word and frequently said things like “what gang is he in?” “dumbass black player” and “go back to the ghetto.””

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wonder what the Iowa beat writers are going to say about this latest ESPN article........(silence).....

https://theundefeated.com/features/...wa-coach-should-resign/?addata=espn:ncf:index

giphy.gif

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
It’s kinda funny how a big theme of the thread is how local media will sweep this under the rug…..and then the thread gets locked.

The ISR thread has been going on for a while now…but it just now warranted being shut down?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
The thing I don’t understand is that all these Iowa fans are claiming these articles are dishonest, but I haven’t seen one thing that is a lie in either one. Unless they are claiming that email from Kirk to the committee members is photoshopped, in which I would think Kirk would take legal action.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
“Wadley and other players say Brian Ferentz and Doyle used the N-word and frequently said things like “what gang is he in?” “dumbass black player” and “go back to the ghetto.””
That is in the husch blackwell report?

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Did stinker get them closed?
Im guessing it’s one of the regulars that have avoided those threads like they had herpes.

they’ve spent months trying to pretend Kirk isn’t a racist. This latest email he sent out is proof that’s a lie

They found out after the nil payout with the the kid from SEP they can make enough noise that the people that run the place will close threads based upon threats.

but it’s incredible that people that spend all their time on a rivals website, are completely absent In these new threads where they will have to admit they aren’t, and have never ever been, bothered that their coaches are racist

• Informative

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The thing I don’t understand is that all these Iowa fans are claiming these articles are dishonest, but I haven’t seen one thing that is a lie in either one. Unless they are claiming that email from Kirk to the committee members is photoshopped, in which I would think Kirk would take legal action.
The EIU fan base could care less whether it occurred or not. Freerents has built up a ton of good will within the fan base with his donations to the children's hospital across the street from the stadium. As long as they win games at a high rate, they will continue to defend and want to keep him.

Now if they start losing games, then they will drop him like a rock, but until that happens, they will stay in his corner. No matter what people outside the program are saying.

• Agree

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That is in the husch blackwell report?
That was a quote from Wadley who was not in the report but was a beloved player until he called out Kirk and such. I could keep quoting other former players for you but it’d likely take a while.

• Winner