Iowa Beat Writers

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Tuned into KCRG News here in CR tonight.

Scott Saville is already in Albany NY 3 days before the Iowa WBB team plays... but they had nobody in Boston covering ISU tonight. Iowa WBB and CC were the headline sports story on the very night ISU is playing in the Sweet Sixteen. CC has been their lead story every night the last couple weeks whenever I've tuned in. How can you cover one person that much? It's so over the top nauseating. The media just worships her. It's so sad.

Oh well. I've known for a long time living in eastern Iowa that ISU just won't ever get the coverage. It's no longer journalism at all... just keep kissing up to everything U of I sports.

KWWL has 10x better coverage of ISU than any CR station.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Scott Saville is already in Albany NY 3 days before the Iowa WBB team plays... but they had nobody in Boston covering ISU tonight. Iowa WBB and CC were the headline sports story on the very night ISU is playing in the Sweet Sixteen. CC has been their lead story every night the last couple weeks whenever I've tuned in. How can you cover one person that much? It's so over the top nauseating. The media just worships her. It's so sad.

Oh well. I've known for a long time living in eastern Iowa that ISU just won't ever get the coverage. It's no longer journalism at all... just keep kissing up to everything U of I sports.

KCCI said 5 words about ISU but had a 15 min segment on CC’s impact around the WORLD with reporters and videos from many countries. I kid you not.

• Angry
Reactions: Acylum

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Would it have really been that difficult for Saville to be in Boston tonight to cover ISU, and then make the very short trip to Albany tomorrow to cover the Iowa WBB's team? But nope... he had to be in Albany to cover CC getting off the plane (I guess in case she fell or something?), instead of covering ISU actually playing in the Sweet Sixteen.

Reactions: aauummm

MTEORisu

Jan 15, 2023
KCCI said 5 words about ISU but had a 15 min segment on CC’s impact around the WORLD with reporters and videos from many countries. I kid you not.
Dude, come on. TV stations do not produce 15 minute stories. I saw it online. It's 3 minutes. I've also seen plenty of their sports reporter in Boston, too. You want fully equal treatment at all times? Make ISU's local fanbase bigger than Iowa's.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Would it have really been that difficult for Saville to be in Boston tonight to cover ISU, and then make the very short trip to Albany tomorrow to cover the Iowa WBB's team? But nope... he had to be in Albany to cover CC getting off the plane (I guess in case she fell or something?), instead of covering ISU actually playing in the Sweet Sixteen.
Where did the budget come from to send someone on a trip for 3 extra days?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron