Iowa Basketball Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
At least Taggart was a big time recruit. I don't get the Cook hype
He's a good player. One and done? No, that shouldn't be mentioned but I've already seen one post about Lindell being one and done. Dummys are everywhere.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
What a pathetic ******* crowd for two teams that will be on the bubble (and that's no disrespect, I think it's the truth).
The camera shots that showed the empty seats behind the hoops were embarrassing.
What, no free pizza and ice cream tonight?

Iowa fans should be ashamed. Pathetic.
They'll be sold out for their Super Bowl though.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Actually have a little optimism after last night. Defense was beyond horrible, but I thought Cook shows a ton of ability and Jok can light it up. Really need to shore up the defense though to have any shot at making the tourney this year. Seton Hall was scoring way too easily.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Actually have a little optimism after last night. Defense was beyond horrible, but I thought Cook shows a ton of ability and Jok can light it up. Really need to shore up the defense though to have any shot at making the tourney this year. Seton Hall was scoring way too easily.

How does Cook have two rebounds in 32 minutes?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I like this. The state of Iowa needs to replace the term Turnover Terry Woods. I liked Terry and he had a nice stroke but, man, his AtB ratio was terrible.

I have literally nevertheless heard this and woods played 30 years ago. I think you are the only one who says it.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
From what I saw, Iowa will do better against the Purdue's of the world than smaller guard orientated teams. You could drain spaghetti with their defense. If they plug that up a bit they won't be that bad. On offense, shut down Jok and they have problems. Need another go to guy.

Excellent
Monte+Morris+r23MLnzPztsm.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

5283080158246.image.jpg

Cwnn4wBUcAAtvcj.jpg
6_4878194.jpg

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The fact that Joker is 5th shows just how bad Iowa is defensively.

I listened to much of last night's game on my drive and you could hear how bad JorBo was getting burned even on Dolph's homer voice. Hansen's exact words were "Fran's gotta get him out of there".

That's not a good sign at all. Those same guys had me convinced over the radio that Jok is a better shooting version of Michael Jordan and Cook is a stronger Kevin Garnett.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I have literally nevertheless heard this and woods played 30 years ago. I think you are the only one who says it.
I realize it's dated. It was a pretty well known moniker back in the day and I always found it entertaining. Mostly, I'm just happy that Iowa has a terrible point guard situation.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I listened to much of last night's game on my drive and you could hear how bad JorBo was getting burned even on Dolph's homer voice. Hansen's exact words were "Fran's gotta get him out of there".

That's not a good sign at all. Those same guys had me convinced over the radio that Jok is a better shooting version of Michael Jordan and Cook is a stronger Kevin Garnett.

I know they lack PG depth, but this is the kind of stuff I just don't get about Fran. Most coaches in America would take a guy like JorBo or Pemsl and get them some mop up time, develop them in practice, and hope they can contribute in a year or two. But ol' Fran throws them out there for major minutes in a game that may well have NCAA tournament implications if they wind up on the bubble. I just don't get it.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know they lack PG depth, but this is the kind of stuff I just don't get about Fran. Most coaches in America would take a guy like JorBo or Pemsl and get them some mop up time, develop them in practice, and hope they can contribute in a year or two. But ol' Fran throws them out there for major minutes in a game that may well have NCAA tournament implications if they wind up on the bubble. I just don't get it.

Most coaches in America wouldn't take a guy like JorBo which is why he had no P5 offers

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I'd be pretty frustrated if I were an Iowa fan. If Fran had recruited even an AVERAGE B10 level point guard this season they'd probably be an NCAA team with that player on the court with Jok and Cook. It was like a dozen misses over the course of years for them to end up with JorBo.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'd be pretty frustrated if I were an Iowa fan. If Fran had recruited even an AVERAGE B10 level point guard this season they'd probably be an NCAA team with that player on the court with Jok and Cook. It was like a dozen misses over the course of years for them to end up with JorBo.

With all the 5th year transfers, how they couldn't grab a guy to come in and run the point for one year blows my mind.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Has he had an average one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron