Interesting minutes per team class ...

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I doubt that any of them will leave. I expect everyone but Vick back for next year. MAYBE Dedric Lawson leaves to start his G-League journey a la Wayne Selden but I doubt it.

I have a feeling Lawson will overevaluate himself and not be back. But at least you'll have little brother........

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Bigger question for Ku is will Self be back after the NCAA investigation? This whole program has been built on crooked, house of cards recruiting by Self and Kurtis Townsend through their Adidas representatives dating back years, deep into this putrid 14-year streak. Guys like Clifford Alexander, Silvio DeSousa, Billy Preston, Andrew Wiggins may not be available for purchase in the future. Thus, dollar Bill may want to take his act to the NBA where payments are upfront.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I would like to see % of time played for the current coach. I think that skews this a bit. A few weeks ago I put that together for ISU, but not sure I could find it..

*Edit: found it from 1/25:
Third season playing in Ames, for Prohm, have played 17% of the team's total minutes:
  • Nick Weiler-Babb (RSr) 16.8%
  • Solomon Young (Jr) .1%
Second season playing in Ames, for Prohm have played 15% of the team's total minutes:
  • Lindell Wigginton (So) 5.8%
  • Terrence Lewis (So) 4.7%
  • Cameron Lard (So) 2.4%
  • Zoran Talley (Sr) 1.9%
First season playing in Ames, for Prohm have played 68% of the team's total minutes:
  • Tyrese Haliburton (Fr) 17.2%
  • Marial Shayok (RSr) 16.2%
  • Talen Horton-Tucker (Fr) 13.8%
  • Michael Jacobson (RJr) 13.4%
  • George Conditt IV (Fr) 3.7%
  • Zion Griffin (Fr) 2.5%
  • Nate Schuster (Fr) .5%
  • Eric Steyer (Fr) .4%
  • Carter Boothe (RFr) .2%

That tells a more accurate story, IMO.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I would like to see % of time played for the current coach. I think that skews this a bit. A few weeks ago I put that together for ISU, but not sure I could find it..

Third season playing in Ames, for Prohm, have played 17% of the team's total minutes:
  • Solomon Young (Jr) .1%
Second season playing in Ames, for Prohm have played 15% of the team's total minutes:
  • Cameron Lard (So) 2.4%
  • Zoran Talley (Sr) 1.9%
First season playing in Ames, for Prohm have played 68% of the team's total minutes:
  • Zion Griffin (Fr) 2.5%
  • Nate Schuster (Fr) .5%
  • Eric Steyer (Fr) .4%

For fun, comparing this to the "Four Horsemen" team...

upload_2019-3-5_11-58-52.png

I counted the red-shirt years for Deonte and Nick as a part of the program.

Or the team the year before that...

upload_2019-3-5_12-4-19.png

Reactions: stateofmind

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

• Solomon Young (Jr) .1%
  • Cameron Lard (So) 2.4%
  • Zoran Talley (Sr) 1.9%
  • Zion Griffin (Fr) 2.5%
  • Nate Schuster (Fr) .5%
  • Eric Steyer (Fr) .4%
This is good, SOM, but I will say what I said when I saw you post it originally. There should be a little caveat for players who redshirted last year. Yes they didn't play in any games with the team, however they did practice with them the entire year last year. That does lend some familiarity with the system, the other returning pieces and each other.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That tells a more accurate story, IMO.
Of the teams ahead of us in the standings, only KSU has definitively more returning.

KU is starting 4 freshman and 5 players in their first year by stateofmind’s defintion. Besides Vick, who has been out for awhile now, the only other contributor that played last year is sophomore Garrett.

Texas Tech starts two sophomores, two non-redshirt transfers, and a returning senior. The bench consists of a freshman, a sophomore, and a returning senior. In terms of years in a program under the coach, we have more. Certainly not a significant difference.

Baylor has been playing a MASH unit of newcomers. Mason, Butler, Kegler, Bandoo, Gillespie, Mayer, and Thamba all are in their first year playing, granted Kegler and Gillespie redshirted. McClure is a senior and Vital is a RS sophomore like Lard.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I have a feeling Lawson will overevaluate himself and not be back. But at least you'll have little brother........
It certainly wouldnt be based off any NBA feedback but who knows. Lawson leaving would surprise me but not shock me.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
This is good, SOM, but I will say what I said when I saw you post it originally. There should be a little caveat for players who redshirted last year. Yes they didn't play in any games with the team, however they did practice with them the entire year last year. That does lend some familiarity with the system, the other returning pieces and each other.
Agreed, but there are habits that sometimes can't be broken from a previous stop or take a lot of time to change going from a defensive-minded team to an offensive-minded team. Like Shayok and Jacobson had to go through.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron