In Memoriam: Ames Business/Restaurants

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
How are they able to pay mall rent when only open 7 hours a week??

Given the number of empty storefronts and the Main Street-esque hours of several places, I’m guessing mall rent ain’t what it used to be.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Fazoli's apparently closed some time in the last month. All signage and exterior decor has been stripped from the building.

Frankly, I'm surprised they held on this long.

• Agree
Reactions: kevdiv48 and JP4CY

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Fazoli's apparently closed some time in the last month. All signage and exterior decor has been stripped from the building.

RIP....but good riddance. Got the worst food poisoning from there during college one year.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Terrible location, if they were closer to campus they would thrive with unlimited breadsticks.

My freshman year (02-03), we would ride 2 buses every Sunday to Fazolis for dinner as the dining halls were closed. It would be backed to the brim with students. Lot's of shenanigans going on in the restaurant and on that bus trip.

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
I still miss O’Mally McGees once in awhile. Steak fajitas were top notch.
I worked and managed there. It was one of the best times of my life and the food was free! I’ve suggested to the owners to put some of those items on the menu at Provisions and Cafe, but I doubt they will. Also, the trillions of margs I made over the years! Good times!