In-laws and Others Stories

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Wow, some of these made me laugh so hard and some are very sobering. Its amazing how we all get through these things. I guess its moments like these that give a reason for a New Years resolution.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Jamesfnb reminded me of something.

My brother-in-law and his wife seemed to have earned alot of $ this past year or came into some, I don't know...they have a new RV and new speed boat, brand new car, etc...

His wife comes to X-Mas wearing a tight, tight sweater with new breast' inside of it. Kinda funny because my in-laws are a very conservative family and she just seemed to put "them" right in our face...I really didn't mind, I just thought it was hilarious. Especially at the end of the night when she took her sweater off and was wearing a tight white t-shirt underneath. I thought I was the only one who noticed until the phone started ringing when we got home last night and other family members started calling and asking us about it.

Um, would these be our neighbors?

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
His wife comes to X-Mas wearing a tight, tight sweater with new breast' inside of it. Kinda funny because my in-laws are a very conservative family and she just seemed to put "them" right in our face...

And the problem is?!?!:confused:

Last edited:

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I'm living with my in-laws until jan 15th. We just bought a house up by Waterloo because my wife is starting with Deere in Jan and she happens to be from there. We were supposed to already be in the house but had some delays on the seller's side that were lingering from her divorce. My mother-in-law isn't too bad but my father-in-law has a few wires crossed somewhere and is borderline OCD. We have an 11 month old who like all of them will drag his toys out and just leave them there, well guess who follows him around and puts them away as soon as he grabs another one. I don't know why he drives me nuts, it's not like he does anything to me personally. I've also noticed that every night he sticks the shoe laces inside of every pair of shoes that is sitting out. One night I saw him wash a styrofoam food container he'd brought some food home in, let it dry, then he threw it into the trash. I've also seen the man take money out of his wallet and iron it on an ironing board.

I can't wait for the 15th to get here.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
We have an 11 month old who like all of them will drag his toys out and just leave them there, well guess who follows him around and puts them away as soon as he grabs another one.

I thought I was Anal. When my youngest was a baby, I would always put all of his toys back in an organized fashion every night, now that he is 4 I just kick them back in to the toy pile so I do not step on them. The corner of the family room looks like a bomb went off at a Matel factory.:eek:

hort4cy

Jun 29, 2006
Randalia, IA
Okay, maybe my in-laws aren't so nuts after all.
They just get in big shouting matches after playing board games. At least that was the only thing exciting this Christmas.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Okay, maybe my in-laws aren't so nuts after all.
They just get in big shouting matches after playing board games. At least that was the only thing exciting this Christmas.

oh board games can get ugly in our family, but thats most of the fun. We play monopoly at my inlaws. Usually my sister in law gets mad and quits playing and my mother in law gets distracted too easily and loses quickly. Then my wife ends up in the lead and gets evil. So I tend to sell all of my stuff to my father in law for a buck so he wins to shut her down. She gets mad and then pouts for an hour.

note: my wife will land on your space with little money. She will give the sad puppy dog look and you will feel bad for her and give her a pass or let her pay only a small amount. Then, when she builds up her fortune and you happen to be down on your luck and land on her space, she tells you to pay up with no mercy. This is why I learned to work with her dad to ruin her empire. The game of monopoly is evil......but fun.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
I'll try to keep this story clean since this is a family friendly site and all.

Last X-mas the wife and I were sitting at her parents place with her very wierd brother, her parents and our two little kids eating dinner before we opened presents. My brother-in-law is quite "unique" and within 2 minutes of meeting him, you'd see why he is 35 and has never really had a girlfriend. Well for this X-mas he somehow found himself a girlfriend but she didn't come to our X-mas that year for some reason. Anywho, as we were eating my mother-in-law was lecturing her son on how she doesn't want any little ones running around until he is officially married, yada yada.......my brother-in-law interupted her in mid-sentence and said, "don't worry ma, I always pull out and spew it all over her stomach", then he proceeded to imitate it by sticking his tongue out and making the farting sound with his mouth while he pretended he was spraying something................I have never lost my appetite so fast. The girlfriend left him before new-years-eve and my brother-in-law I think will be single forever

That is an extremely funny, yet scary post. My in-laws are no contest for that.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
The short version:

Brother in law and I go to bar 2 weeks ago. He gets drunk so I get him home. He passes out. On the way to leave I run over his Xmas lights that border the driveway( I had to maneuver around a parked car). I went in got his keys and parked his car on top of the lights so he would think he did it. His wife played along perfectly. She sent him in the morning to let out the dog and he moved his car without saying a word. On xmas day I gave him a surprise gift of new lights and a confession. The previous year his wife had run over the lights and he gave her a ton of grief over it so he was pretty sheepish when he thought he did the same. Of course I did this in front of the whole family so it was a laughfest.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
To give a little background - my parents are in their 50's and pretty conservative. I'm almost 30 and my mom still doesn't like me saying the word "fart" in her house.

Last christmas I got an Iowa State Parking Sign from my parents. The receipt was taped on the back of it, and the only other purchase on the receipt was a bottle of KY warming jel. The date of purchase was their wedding anniversary. So they probably just went to the store to get the KY but felt like they needed to buy something else and got me the sign. We still joke about it and give them a lot of crap.

Last edited:

hort4cy

Jun 29, 2006
Randalia, IA
I'll try to keep this story clean since this is a family friendly site and all.

Last X-mas the wife and I were sitting at her parents place with her very wierd brother, her parents and our two little kids eating dinner before we opened presents. My brother-in-law is quite "unique" and within 2 minutes of meeting him, you'd see why he is 35 and has never really had a girlfriend. Well for this X-mas he somehow found himself a girlfriend but she didn't come to our X-mas that year for some reason. Anywho, as we were eating my mother-in-law was lecturing her son on how she doesn't want any little ones running around until he is officially married, yada yada.......my brother-in-law interupted her in mid-sentence and said, "don't worry ma, I always pull out and spew it all over her stomach", then he proceeded to imitate it by sticking his tongue out and making the farting sound with his mouth while he pretended he was spraying something................I have never lost my appetite so fast. The girlfriend left him before new-years-eve and my brother-in-law I think will be single forever

I have a brother-in-law that I could see actually saying this, however he is married. The single one would be thinking it but I don't know if he would say it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
To give a little background - my parents are in their 50's and pretty conservative. I'm almost 30 and my mom still doesn't like me saying the word "fart" in her house.

Last christmas I got an Iowa State Parking Sign from my parents. The receipt was taped on the back of it, and the only other purchase on the receipt was a bottle of KY warming jel. The date of purchase was their wedding anniversary. So they probably just went to the store to get the KY but felt like they needed to buy something else and got me the sign. We still joke about it and give them a lot of crap.

Yeah thats a little awkward. My wife was at the store and her mom threw in a tube of KY and my wife was grossed out. I always give her crap about her parents doing it and it makes her upset.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
My inlaws came back from vacation in Hawaii 2 winters ago and a couple months afterwards my wife finds out that her mom thought she was knocked up. My wife is still grossed out by that.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My inlaws came back from vacation in Hawaii 2 winters ago and a couple months afterwards my wife finds out that her mom thought she was knocked up. My wife is still grossed out by that.

Good for Mr. in-law! Good to hear things are still shakin at that age!