In honor of Easter, what's your favorite frozen pizza?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Back in my bachelor days Hy Vee would sell either Jack's or their own brand at five for ten bucks. Can't beat that deal. Add some extra cheese and seasoning before throwing it in the oven and good to go.

However, do NOT put one in the oven and then proceed to pass out before it's done. Good way to find out if your smoke detector works, though.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Does Giordano's ordered on-line and delivered in a frozen state count?

Love me some Tombstone with adding extra cheese, pepperoni, sausage and some sriracha along with some salsa! BAM!!

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I love Jack's sausage and pepperoni. First, I remove all the pepperonis. Then sprinkle frozen pizza spice (a must if you haven't tried it) and garlic powder on it. Add back the pepperonis and add more until its covered. Onions. Then any or all of the following: mushrooms (fresh if we have em), jalapenos, pepperoncini peppers, black or green olives. Top with more mozz, sprinkle some shredded cheddar and if we have them, I will slice up tomatoes (either big slices, or cut up cherries) on top of the cheese.

Making a $6-7 pizza out of a $2.50 one, but always good.

Serious on the frozen pizza spice! Tones makes it as well as Penzey's.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I love Jack's sausage and pepperoni. First, I remove all the pepperonis. Then sprinkle frozen pizza spice (a must if you haven't tried it) and garlic powder on it. Add back the pepperonis and add more until its covered. Onions. Then any or all of the following: mushrooms (fresh if we have em), jalapenos, pepperoncini peppers, black or green olives. Top with more mozz, sprinkle some shredded cheddar and if we have them, I will slice up tomatoes (either big slices, or cut up cherries) on top of the cheese.

I'll be right over. :)

• Funny
Reactions: oldman

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Back in my bachelor days Hy Vee would sell either Jack's or their own brand at five for ten bucks. Can't beat that deal. Add some extra cheese and seasoning before throwing it in the oven and good to go.

Every once in a while Menards will have Jack's 5 for $10.

Reactions: oldman

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Screaming Scicilian/Lozza Mozza are probably my favorites, but once you get to about $7 I don't think frozen are worth it. You can get a dominoes/pizza hut for that, and those are better than frozen to me.

And it's stupid when people talk about adding $5 of toppings to a frozen pizza - it's not a frozen pizza at that point, and you might as well order one.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Random bump for the thread, but couldn't recall if it was discussed: Regarding Tombstone, I've seen a version called "Tombstone Classic" at the store. I haven't tried it yet. Anyone know what's different between that and the regular type?

Maybe it's just a "Classic Coke" conspiracy, but thought I should check. :)

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm bumping this.

Best 'cheaper' frozen pizza: Jack's and it's not close. Their Hamburger pizza is maybe the best frozen pizza for me of any.

Best mid-range price: Tombstone but only their Classic Sausage.

Best pizzeria style: I hated DiJourno but I am coming around to it. It's pretty good.

Best expensive: Heggie's

Brands I can't stand: Red Barron. Freschetta. Whole Foods. Trader Joe's.

Trendy Pizza of the Moment: Surfer Boy Frozen Pizza (from Stranger Things). Thought this was gonna be ****....it's actually ******* great.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I've always had a jones for Tombstone. It's definitely NOT the fresh ingredients and quality, but 40-ish years ago my Dad and I used to fish at Woman Lake and there was a tavern there somewhere and after a day of walleye fishing we'd go get a coke (me), a beer (him) and freshly made frozen tombstone pizzas at the bar...
I don't mind a good Tombstone.

Reactions: dahliaclone