In a Week, it's Auburn

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Exactly. ISU was an NCAA Tournament team last season and Auburn was a dumpster fire that didn't even get to double digits in wins. Someone will have to explain to me how this is a balanced matchup. I thought the goal for these Big 10/ACC or Big XII/SEC challenges was to make the matchups as even as possible but that apparently is not the case. Instead we get the 4th place Big XII team from last season matched up against the SEC team that finished dead last. If these games were actually scheduled properly ISU would be facing Ole Miss, Alabama, or Kentucky based off of last seasons SEC standings.

I might understand if Big 12/SEC schedule was set two seasons ago, but when was it — May? As you said, Ole Miss, Alabama (even Vanderbilt, although that team is probably middling at best this season) would make more sense (unless everyone thought ISU was going to drop completely off the map. I would take LSU or Missouri, too.

Oh well, just crush 'em and move on.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Exactly. ISU was an NCAA Tournament team last season and Auburn was a dumpster fire that didn't even get to double digits in wins. Someone will have to explain to me how this is a balanced matchup. I thought the goal for these Big 10/ACC or Big XII/SEC challenges was to make the matchups as even as possible but that apparently is not the case. Instead we get the 4th place Big XII team from last season matched up against the SEC team that finished dead last. If these games were actually scheduled properly ISU would be facing Ole Miss, Alabama, or Kentucky based off of last seasons SEC standings.

"This is equity based", Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said. "Our best teams will be matched up against their best teams, middle teams against middle teams and those building their programs against others doing the same."

I guess he feels that Iowa State is still building their program. :rolleyes:

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Whatever. Much rather would have preferred a better team then Auburn, but what we got is what we got. Let's just kick *** and win by 15, move on, and focus on UNI, who we haven't beaten since god knows when.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
Auburn is one of those gutty little teams that can make you beat yourself (if you're not careful) They have confidence and the ability to get you into foul trouble early. This happens when teams exploit a weakness in Auburn and tries to capitalize on it, thus ringing up fouls if you don't accomplish what you (as a player) set out to do.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
This is my opinion of the outcome of the Auburn game. We will win by 15 or more. The game will never be in doubt. And those who label this game as "tricky", are just absolutely crazy!

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
"This is equity based", Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said. "Our best teams will be matched up against their best teams, middle teams against middle teams and those building their programs against others doing the same."

I guess he feels that Iowa State is still building their program. :rolleyes:

Thu, Nov 14 9 p.m. Texas Tech at Alabama ESPN2

Mon, Dec 2 7 p.m. Auburn at Iowa State ESPNU
9 p.m. Vanderbilt at Texas ESPN2

Thu, Dec 5 7 p.m. West Virginia at Missouri ESPN2
7 p.m. TCU at Mississippi State ESPNU
9 p.m. Ole Miss at Kansas State ESPN2

Fri, Dec 6 9:30 p.m. South Carolina at No. 11 Oklahoma State ESPNU

10 p.m. No. 1 Kentucky vs. No. 19 Baylor (Arlington) ESPN

Tue, Dec 10 7 p.m. No. 5 Kansas at No. 7 Florida ESPN

Sat, Dec 21 7 p.m. Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M (Houston) ESPNU