IHSAA State Wrestling 2024

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
David's match last night was the most non exciting exciting match I watched all day
It was rivaled earlier by one of his teammates actually having a match where there were 0 combined points scored for the whole match. No one scored at any time and then the tiebreaker was a ride out in the UTB. I had never seen a final score of 0-0 through everything.

David's match they should have both been disqualified via stalls calls since no one took a shot until about OT. To win on a stall call on the UTB is a new one for me also.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Still miffed that Blume is still able to wrestle. TV channels talked about area wrestlers around DSM but was glad they never mentioned him. Did this whole incident get swept under the rug? Latest thing I saw was he entered a plea deal and was charged as a junvenile. This is just sad that he is still allowed to wrestle.

Last edited:

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
Hendricks of Humboldt (Dresser's hometown) at 165 is Ranked #1 in 2A as a freshman is one to watch.

I assume the Ames boys of Hinson (Junior??) at 138, Mickel (Soph ??) at 190, at Herrera (Senior) at 285 are some guys to watch.
Hendricks into the finals with an impressive 6-0 dec over Gast of Osage. Feel like he might be a kid to put on the future radar.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Still miffed that Blum is still able to wrestle. TV channels talked about area wrestlers around DSM but was glad they never mentioned him. Did this whole incident get swept under the rug? Latest thing I saw was he entered a plea deal and was charged as a junvenile. This is just sad that he is still allowed to wrestle.
I figured @brentblum was too old to wrestle. Is he trying to go back in time and show what he can do?

• Haha
Reactions: brentblum

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
I will say this, Herrera is a BEAST.

Just a different animal for that weight class in 3A.
For as big as he is, he is extremely athletic. His shots are impressive. I am extremely excited to see what he will look like after a year with Durbin and training with Yonger. Just hope the football coaches dont try and poach him
I think that might have already happened

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Has anyone watched Dreshaun Ross wrestle at state.
He's dominant so far. He pinned his first opponent in 30 sec. He pinned the next in the quarterfinals in 2:58. His quarterfinals opponent was pinned at the end of the first, but the ref was out of position to see it before time ran out. Got to the kid's legs at will, too.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
He's dominant so far. He pinned his first opponent in 30 sec. He pinned the next in the quarterfinals in 2:58. His quarterfinals opponent was pinned at the end of the first, but the ref was out of position to see it before time ran out. Got to the kid's legs at will, too.
Cyclones have a shot at him?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
So where are the Osage kids going?
Fox (Soph) ??? is his brother at UNI?
Kittleson (Senior) to Air Force, I think
Muller (Senior) to SDSU for football
Stangel (Senior)???

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Stangel (Senior)???
We haven't gotten a lot of Osage kids over the years. Had Brady Jennings and the Kuper twins but that is about it I think?

I know Osage in particular has had quite a few go to Iowa and there is the schwab connection at UNI. Always kind of surprises me we don't get more of the small town Iowa kids in general since we are the Ag school.

Maybe that starts changing with the current coaching staff and if we continue to have good national success. Maybe not because looking at the national hs rankings, there aren't many kids from iowa in there, and most of them are from the usual suspects in 3A.

I wonder how our relationship is with Dan knight at Bett? He wrestled here and his brother did too, but Bett is close to IC.

Last edited:

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Haven't heard a lot of chatter about it but I think we are recruiting Carter Pearson (#1 3A 120 lbs) from SEP. Has wins over both Ayala and Knight earlier this year. Would be nice to start getting more kids from that program.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
We haven't gotten a lot of Osage kids over the years. Had Brady Jennings and the Kuper twins but that is about it I think?

I know Osage in particular has had quite a few go to Iowa and there is the schwab connection at UNI. Always kind of surprises me we don't get more of the small town Iowa kids in general since we are the Ag school.
Jennings dad is the coach & I don't think it ended bad. I figured a lot train at UNI

Reactions: HGoat1

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Haven't heard a lot of chatter about it but I think we are recruiting Carter Pearson (#1 3A 120 lbs) from SEP. Has wins over both Ayala and Knight earlier this year. Would be nice to start getting more kids from that program.
Discussed in the Recruiting Thread

CyGold said:
Today's dsm registers article on Carter Pearson from SEP mentions Iowa State contacting him on the first day. I'd love to get that kid to battle for 125.... and have him on my team for the CRTC golf outing ;)

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
Stangel (Senior)???
Older Fox is at UNI - Schwab connection.

Younger Fox- I bet UNI eventually

Kittleson - You are correct I think Air Force

Muller - SDSU football

Gast - Iowa Central for baseball

Stangel - ??? not sure

• Informative
Reactions: buf87

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron