If you had to pick up and move where would you go?

Where would you move?

• Northeast

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Mid-Atlantic

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Southeast

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Midwest

Votes: 36 14.7%
  • Rocky Mountains

Votes: 91 37.1%
  • Texas

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Southwest

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Pacific Northwest

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Nor-Cal

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • So-Cal

Votes: 13 5.3%

• Total voters

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I selected PacNW and if money was no object, Seattle would be the destination, but in a more realistic scenario, I'd settle somewhere around Boise, ID. I knew nothing about it until a few years ago, but the winters are warmer than Iowa, it doesn't get a ton of snow and is still high enough that summers are not overly humid. Plus, mountains all around.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
So with all the economic uncertainty right now my wife and I were talking the other night about this. If we had to pick up and move where would we go? Both of us have traveled a lot but never lived anywhere but the Midwest and I wouldn't mind doing something different. Personally I'd pick either Texas, the area around Austin specifically or somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. I like Austin for the food scene and I'd spend a lot of time watching races at COTA. I like the Pacific Northwest because you're a couple hours drive from mountains and the ocean.

So where would you go and why? Just for the sake of simplicity I'm keeping the poll to just the US but some days moving to Europe sounds appealing.

On a side note my wife and I both work for the same company and this might actually be something we have to consider based on the doom and gloom coming out of leadership.
I’m retired, own some rentals have a small business in the process of going belly up. If I could get my wife to retire I would gladly move to Ireland, Scotland, maybe east coast Canada. I’m ready to get the **** out of here.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Pacific NW for sure. One of those little towns along the pacific coast highway might be nice, so long as the big tsunami doesnt hit

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
PnW is absolutely beautiful - on a good day. I lived in Seattle for 4 years, but had a really tough time in the winters there. The closest analogy I have is think of is an overcast November day in Iowa, then have that be the default weather from Halloween until the 4th of July. I’m not kidding.

Also, the ocean is nearby, but... it’s not really set up for a prototypical beach day. The water is freezing cold to the point where I’m not sure you want to go in without a wetsuit.

The mountains are absolutely perfect, though!
I’m not a lay out on the beach kind of guy I was thinking more along the lines of fishing. I spent a little time looking at houses in Portland this afternoon on Zillow.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Agreed that San Diego would be tough to pass up. Austin, TX is a really cool city. I'm still partial to the midwest though

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
north korea, probably safer.

e625f5bd-fa5d-401d-b181-ac8aae600c7b_text.gif

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
So with all the economic uncertainty right now my wife and I were talking the other night about this. If we had to pick up and move where would we go? Both of us have traveled a lot but never lived anywhere but the Midwest and I wouldn't mind doing something different. Personally I'd pick either Texas, the area around Austin specifically or somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. I like Austin for the food scene and I'd spend a lot of time watching races at COTA. I like the Pacific Northwest because you're a couple hours drive from mountains and the ocean.

So where would you go and why? Just for the sake of simplicity I'm keeping the poll to just the US but some days moving to Europe sounds appealing.

On a side note my wife and I both work for the same company and this might actually be something we have to consider based on the doom and gloom coming out of leadership.

I've been thinking North Carolina, maybe 100 miles from the ocean.

Far enough south for decent winters, not quite as scorching hot as Florida.

Reactions: wxman1 and Doc

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

We're picking up and moving from Spokane to CoSprings next week. Mountains, weather, like-minded people, fresh start...

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Got two sisters in PDX, both Clones. Not a question of if or where, but when for me.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I voted for the Rockies, but in reality I would like to move back to central Iowa. This assumes that there will be college sports to watch if I move there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron