If You Could Change One Thing For ISU FB 2008...

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
- no more Thursday night games
- no more smoke machine during the players entrance
- no more drunks walking around in the stands with bottles and cans of whatever
- have everyone in their seats to cheer the team off the field after warm-ups
- have everyone sing the fight song and the national anthem
- put better quality sound system with speakers all around the stadium
- get everyone to meet the team bus for the spirit walk, so that the tunnel of people goes all the way to Hilton
you hit gold with the last 2. i cant disagree more with the first 2, though i know most will argue with me about this. i like thursday nights, its my opinion.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
An 8 game home slate.

Aaaaaah, 1985. Nothing says "confidence" like a 54-point loss followed by a loss to...Drake. Thank goodness gas wasn't $3.50 then. I don't think I could have afforded 2500 miles in a 6-week period.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Nothing pumps me up more (besides great football) than the drum corps. I don't think they do it anymore, but the corps used to go through the parking lots during tailgating and also through the stands during the games.

Drum corps = college football atmosphere.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
1. Scrap the pre game cheers. It's lame and poor participation makes it lamer. (Is lamer a word? Anyway it has a high degree of lamness.) 2. Better Music - There are TONS of songs that would get the crowd jacked. I really loved the mortal combat theme when the team entered. GO find a good local DJ and turn him/her loose.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
i'm with you 100% on that one. im sorry but its just a buzz kill. especially when we’re down 14 going into the 4th quarter. i wanna hear something to get everyone pumped up and standing on their feet, not sweet caroline

AMEN! I can't get real jacked up about Neil singing "DA DA DA..." with the drunk sorority girls three rows down. Let's get the crowd pumped and ready to go get us a lead! I hate how we play easy listening to pump us up. Might as well throw some James Taylor and Michael Bolton on too...

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Come on, Sweet Caroline is about the only song that gets everyone up and participating... Anything that would get us 'jacked up' would likely irritate people more than pump them up.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I'm more in favor of scrapping Sweet Caroline completely, but if it must be played, how about only at the end of the game after wins, ala "Go Cubs Go"?

It just doesn't work to play such a slow, lazy song anytime during the game, and if we're losing I don't want to hear about how "Good times never seem so good".

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I'm more in favor of scrapping Sweet Caroline completely, but if it must be played, how about only at the end of the game after wins, ala "Go Cubs Go"?

It just doesn't work to play such a slow, lazy song anytime during the game, and if we're losing I don't want to hear about how "Good times never seem so good".

I'm fine with that... at the end of the game. Or maybe at halftime... just not during the course of the game. It's a buzzkill... I enjoy singing that song while hammered as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I want to do it during a football game.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I'm fine with that... at the end of the game. Or maybe at halftime... just not during the course of the game. It's a buzzkill... I enjoy singing that song while hammered as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean I want to do it during a football game.

I think they tried it at halftime. The problem is with the band playing and other things that go on at halftime, the only chance they had to play it was as the players were coming back on the field, which really doesn't work either.