ICS for RAZR this AM.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Had ICS on my nexus for about a month

now an owner of an iphone 4s

This is where Apple did it right. One manufacturer and can control quality of release. Not saying they dont have bugs here and there, but they seem to address them fairly quickly. I love my android phone, but having to support many different manufacturers who get to do pretty much whatever the hell they want sucks. I have several people in my office with motorola, samsung, HTC, and the like and they always come back to me with something and each one handles different. My supported iphones I rarely ever see. However, I am glad blackberry is phasing out here, nightmare.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
If you are looking for blind ease of use, Apple is the way to go. If you want a customizable experience, then Android is what you want.

Personally, I like being able to set my phone up how I like it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
If you are looking for blind ease of use, Apple is the way to go. If you want a customizable experience, then Android is what you want.

Which is absolutely great, but as I said, its annoying that each manufacturer throws on their own candy coating. Some are buggy as hell and it also slows down os update releases. Ill be sitting here for a long time for my inc 2 since they have to test sense and then get verizons approval. Drives me nuts.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA

I had been saying this forever since I started buying cell phones... had blackberry/palm/samsung/google phones and everytime I'd be expecting lots and was usually correct and pleased with the features/customization.

Android was great... I loved it, especially ICS. I lost faith when the first push of bug-fixes for their own phone, which was the first public release on the nexus, took over 6 weeks to come out.

just decided to go to an OS that doesn't use the premier users as the beta pool.

Very happy with the switch and have been able to customize my phone exactly how I wanted it

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
Which is absolutely great, but as I said, its annoying that each manufacturer throws on their own candy coating. Some are buggy as hell and it also slows down os update releases. Ill be sitting here for a long time for my inc 2 since they have to test sense and then get verizons approval. Drives me nuts.

i'm not sure it's appropriate to expect quick updates if you buy anything outside of the plain nexus line of phones

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
i'm not sure it's appropriate to expect quick updates if you buy anything outside of the plain nexus line of phones

I get that it takes time. But its so disjointed its ridiculous.

Help Support Us

Become a patron