I Think We Beat KU At Home

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
KU is a nightmare matchup for us, sorta like we are for other teams. No matter how good you are, this matchup is so tough on our guys bc of KU's length and athleticism. Basically we gotta hit 10 threes and have KU have an off night to beat em

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
Like some commenters have already said:

1) No way ISU shoots as poorly from three ever again
2) Probably no way Kansas turns the ball over that many times, either

I think ISU's starting five don't match up well against KU, which is why Edozie and Gibson need minutes. I know this has been beaten to death but Georges really, really hurt us last night on both ends of the floor. Some games he is on fire and he saves our bacon, but I wish Fred would be able to recognize he's having an off night and play one of the other forwards on the bench. He does that when one of the starting guards are struggling.

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
I actually think Oklahoma is a worse match up for us because they shoot the three so, so well, whereas Kansas is just a decent three-point shooting team. Look at their stat line from last night. They weren't lighting it up from beyond the arc like Oklahoma and Baylor were.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'd be okay with missing some shots if it meant Kane drove often and early at their 7 footer (he's a stud, but his name escapes me. Starts with an E and has about 16 i's in it, that's all I know) to try to get him into foul trouble.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Will they have invisible lids on the rim that reject all 3 point shots at Allen Fieldhouse? B/c the ones we had at Hilton last night were very effective.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I wouldn't go as far as the OP but I certainly wouldn't count out an ISU victory. This may not be last year's ISU team from deep but the body of work says the team is way better than they have been the past 2 games.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I just have a feeling that ISU is going to take down KU in Allen Fieldhouse on the 29th.

Does anyone else think it will happen?
I think we will have to play better than we did against Baylor at home to win on the road at the Phog.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Will they have invisible lids on the rim that reject all 3 point shots at Allen Fieldhouse? B/c the ones we had at Hilton last night were very effective.
Niang's threes were deflected way before they got to the rim.