I really hope coach PR will make some changes.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Hell, even taylor martinez improved year over year

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
The OL is fine. We continually throw the ball when we are clearly more of a running team. We ran 3 plays in a row on the ground and picked up about 18 yards. Then threw that deep ball for no reason on a 2nd and 4. Where is the logic?

Is this the first game you have watched? We haven't been able to run at all until today and prior to today the pass blocking was the strength of the line. Glad to see them run a little bit but guessing Texas gave some of that up in favor of blowing up the pass game completely. It worked.

cyclones18

Apr 20, 2010
Ames
Acutally we have been able to run except the 2 games JW was out. We abandon the run for no reason all year. We have no big play ability therefore we need to grind out drives and keep the other teams offense off the field ala K-state. Look at the TOP when we win v when we lose. Look at the rushing/passing yards. 60 yards of total offense in the 2nd half today and it was not from throwing the ball. So what are you watching?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'd love to see JW dominated drives via run, and an occasional swing pass out in space.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
We don't need better coaching. We need better production and I think the our key shortcoming compared with the rest of the league is talent.

Our staff is maximizing our current talent base.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
I am watching a line that has pass blocked reasonably well and pretty ineffective run game, but I guess my eyes deceive me. You may have a point about abandoning it too early but more times than not its been average at best.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Our offense just sucks. Its kind laughable actually. Its good to see Jarvis/Bundrage and our Rb's when they get into open field, but thats rare. Not being a downer, but the mix of Mess/Steele/OL/WR drops- our offense is pretty atrocious.

No meltdowns here, just speaking in my mind the truth.

Not sure how to fix, but I would assume that the coaches are making it a top priority. If not, then I dont know.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
All year I've been pretty neutral on Mess. Clearly execution is a major part of the problem, so it's not always easy to figure out how problematic the play calling is. But today was easy going in. We were playing a team that is TERRIBLE against the run. We needed to make a commitment to running the ball. Then we get into the game and are having success with the run, but yet he continually gets away from it. Are you kidding me? He ruined several drives where we were running downhill by having SJ pass down-field and he just doesn't have the ability to throw the ball down-field accurately. I am now with those who have been calling for a chance in OC.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
We don't need better coaching. We need better production and I think the our key shortcoming compared with the rest of the league is talent.

Our staff is maximizing our current talent base.

Even players with limited talent should improve if coached properly. There has been no improvement at the QB position in 4 years under CPR.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
The old Dan MacCarney mantra "it is a proven scheme. The scheme works" is coming out from a lot of you. NEWSFLASH: The scheme SUCKS! Cam Newton could do it. Ohio State can do it against Purdue. We are not equip'ed to do it....It is called COACHING and at this level they get paid six figures to recruit personnel and develop a game plan to win a few Saturdays a year.....that is all. It is not rocket science. I will support the young men and Rhaods, but there is something wrong here to play as uninspired we are today.
Vote no on Zone Read! Vote for hope and change.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Even players with limited talent should improve if coached properly. There has been no improvement at the QB position in 4 years under CPR.
I would say it has digressed, Arnaud was better than Jantz or Barnett.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Messingham must go and a new offensive scheme must be put in place. Other offensive position coaches must be evaluated. If changes are not made, Rhoads (though ultimately a better coach) will go the way of Macarney.

I really hope that PR understands this.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
can we restructure asst' coaches and hire some young money-baller studs for a low salary and make it totally incentive driven.....every win is 20,000 or something like that? What do these guys do now? Seriously. AFter what I saw today it is not coaching to win.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Offense has been garbage for years now going back to Chiz. Time to junk it and start over. My God, EVERY other team in this league can play decent offense except us. What the hell?!?! If ours was even respectable we could be winning a ton of games with the way our defense usually keeps teams in check (when not gassed from being on the field the entire game.)

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Sage or Seneca any good at coaching quarterbacks, or is this just grasping at quarterbacks from ISU who played in the nfl?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Sage is smart enough to be a good coach. I don't know Seneca but NFL QB's are usually pretty smart

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron