I never call out the refs

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO
So UConn managed to not hold one of our defensive linemen all night, they didn't block ANYONE in the back on those punt returns, they didn't have a receiver block a guy in the back.....they didn't have ANY d-linemen FALL on Steele after the play was over.....?

Horrible job out of those guys. Terrible.

There were multiple times that holding could have been called on UConn but it wasn't. Not impress by the refs tonight at all :realmad::realmad::realmad:.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I agree with the holding assertions. Our pass rushers were getting mugged on each play--sometime in the facemask--and the refs still wouldn't call it. Not to mention all the times that UConn pushed off on passes, or the interference calls they held even for balls that were out of bounds... Anyways, we found a way to overcome it, and while this isn't the worst officiating I've ever seen, it was pretty poor.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this was mentioned...

But the refs could have thrown a huge flag for taunting on the trickeration td pass. Isn't that a new rule this year? I was pulling my hair out thinking there was gonna be a flag.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
These were my thoughts as the game unfolded....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQ_Ja02gTY]John McEnroe - You Cannot Be Serious - YouTube[/ame]

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
Anyways, we found a way to overcome it, and while this isn't the worst officiating I've ever seen, it was pretty poor.

You've seen worse officiating than this!? Sweet Jesus! I was wondering if the UCONN thug crowd threatened the officials that they would break their arms if they didn't hand UCONN a win tonight.

SheldahlClone

Sep 16, 2011
Polk City, IA
I am with alot of previous posters on here. I hate to call out a ref on a call but the horse collar was terrible. I have never understood how a referee can see something to throw a flag and then decide to change thier mind when they meet after the play. Also, the missed intentional grounding was pretty bad to miss something that clear. All that being said, we are 3-0 while we aren't helping our selves by being flagged all the live long day and giving away the ball way too much. But 3-0 with a bye week.....let's beat the h**l out of Texas in a few weeks.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I didn't tweet anything about this in case we lost but that was horrible. Rump was held like a mofo all night. It was clear on two long runs. Reeves was pushed off of much worse than his first PI call. That call was also based on hand fighting. Then there was the late hit on Jantz which was frickin identical to the one Washington got called on earlier. We still won though so yay.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
we should all watch the yackity sax game and admire that ALL reviews went our way and were rightly called on the field and confirmed in the booth, and then look at this game again and get even more ******. Good times. Like others, I saw the late hit on janz, the picked up flag, and the first PI and couldn't believe it.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Us fans may not like it. But I hope the team gets used to it because that's part for the course for the big 12 for this year.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this was mentioned...

But the refs could have thrown a huge flag for taunting on the trickeration td pass. Isn't that a new rule this year? I was pulling my hair out thinking there was gonna be a flag.

Yeah I noticed that...I think the fortunate thing was he didn't hold the ball above his head...It was almost like he didn't realize that he hadn't scored yet.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Just bc we are Iowa State we shouldn't have to put up with the disrespect that we got from the refs nor with Cy getting his arm broken. There should be hell to pay.

el tornado

Mar 23, 2006
The team kept their composure somehow, I was worried someone might lose it over the calls and penalize us even more.
UConn ran those sideline pass routes for the sole purpose to pick up interference calls IMO. The penalties seemed to fire up the Defense, they were really getting some great hits in.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
The call I'm most disappointed in is the first "TD" of the game. Who cares if they would have gotten the TD anyway, they need to earn it, and it was very clear that ball carrier's knee was down with the ball at the 1-yard line. Unbelievable. We're still 3-0, so nothing else really matters.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The call I'm most disappointed in is the first "TD" of the game. Who cares if they would have gotten the TD anyway, they need to earn it, and it was very clear that ball carrier's knee was down with the ball at the 1-yard line. Unbelievable. We're still 3-0, so nothing else really matters.

Yeah... it wouldve been one thing if the call on the field had been TD, but iirc the call was down at the 1. When all the video evidence seems to show down at the 1, i dont know how you have even iffy video evidence that its a TD, much less indisputable video evidence.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
How is this evidence to overturn the call on the field?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron