I guess Iowa's collapse will start in March this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Lahey

Nov 28, 2018
I’m watching the WVU game tonight. They are a fundamentally bad team that can’t shoot and turns the ball over way too much.

Iowa would be able to beat them by two points on a three-quarter court, one-handed heave that hits the top of the backboard before dropping through the bucket.

89-87 Iowa over WVU.
LMAOOOOOO

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Baer is what he is, he can provide some value on most nights.

Kriener has flashed and played well at times this year, especially when Cook was injured and at home against UM.

Dailey is awful.

There is a need for another guard and that is Connor right now. If he plays basketball next season I dont see Toussaint or Fredrick taking minutes from him.

So let me get this straight, you don’t see how your incoming recruits will take minutes from Connor? Jesus they must be ****** recruits

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
You seem like you’re not very intelligent, so I will try to explain this thoroughly for you. You are making fun of Iowa fans for getting excited about a last-second victory over a bad/mediocre basketball team. Iowa State fans were similarly excited about a come from behind victory over a bad/mediocre football team. It is hypocritical of you to make fun of Iowa fans for reacting in the same manner in which Iowa State fans react in similar circumstances. The fact that they are in two different sports is totally irrelevant.

However, if you want me to stick to basketball, I will just point out that Iowa State fans stormed the court after a victory over an unranked Iowa team a few years back.
Let me explain things to you, you thick headed ****. We stormed the court because we came back from being 20 points down, and as far as K-state goes, when you lose to them the way we have over the last 10 years, any win is a good win. So take your "everyone here is picking on me" attitude and go flame on some Rutgers message board.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Let me explain things to you, you thick headed ****. We stormed the court because we came back from being 20 points down, and as far as K-state goes, when you lose to them the way we have over the last 10 years, any win is a good win. So take your "everyone here is picking on me" attitude and go flame on some Rutgers message board.

Coming back from 14 down shouldnt have to happen against Northwestern.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jim Lahey
D

Deleted member 8507

Noone is arguing head to head is all that matters, its just one of several factors, some of which Iowa has an advantage over Iowa State.

Head to head - Iowa won big. Yes it was a home game, but Carver aint worth 14 points. Its always half empty and dead quiet, so its barely an advantage, right guys?
Bad losses - Iowa's worse loss is to #46 Minnesota (I'm using Kenpom for everything for convenience) on the road and all other losses are to teams in the top 11. ISU lost at home to 41 TCU and neutral court to #87 Arizona (yikes).
Record vs SOS - Iowa has a 20-5 record vs the #30 SOS, ISU has a 19-6 record vs a worse schedule (42nd).

ISU has more big wins (vs elite competition) and much better road wins.
Honestly, our resumes are pretty even. ISU seems to have a higher ceiling but a higher chance of laying an egg vs mediocre competition. Iowa has found a way to not lose to mediocre teams, but has looked overmatched vs elite teams.

I think both could do well in the tournament if they play at the levels each fanbase knows they are capable of. I think ISU has a better chance of making a real deep run because they can beat elite teams. Hard to see Iowa making the deep run with how they played vs Purdue and Sparty.

Do you think the selection committee will give more weight to the Kenpom SOS or their own (NCAA) SOS rating? Because in the NCAA SOS, ISU is at #26 while Iowa is at #81
https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats Library/NET Team Sheets - Games through Feb. 17, 2019.pdf

Reactions: 4theCYcle

VegasHerky

Feb 14, 2019
Let me explain things to you, you thick headed ****. We stormed the court because we came back from being 20 points down

So Iowa hit a buzzer beater after being down by 15 with less than 5 minutes left against an unranked team and didn't storm the court. Should Iowa fans have stormed the court?

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

VegasHerky

Feb 14, 2019
So let me get this straight, you don’t see how your incoming recruits will take minutes from Connor? Jesus they must be ****** recruits

Fredrick is redshirting and not really a PG and I don't think Touissant will take minutes from him next season.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
So Iowa hit a buzzer beater after being down by 15 with less than 5 minutes left against an unranked team and didn't storm the court. Should Iowa fans have stormed the court?
It would take too long for the students to get on the court. It wouldn't look spontaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.