I’m team Rick Flair

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
I love the Nature Boy. My friends and I got our dads to take us to a match down at Vets Auditorium when we were kids, before even the WWF at the time took off. My guess is it was 1980ish and we went to see a more local group, as I believe most pro wresting at the time was regional. Funny thing was, the big name at the time was Bulldog Bob Brown. It was in the basement, wasn't even big enough for the upstairs big arena. Was able to meet and greet Ric. He is a great guy and really played it up with us kids.
Rufus R Jones, Danny Little Bear, Pat O Connor those are some names from the past.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I watched Jesse "the Body" Ventura wrestle in a HS gym and was like second row when I was in like 1st grade. Saw the Iron Shiek there also I believe. Rufus R railroad Jones always headbutted people. So my sister and I would headbutt each other when we would wrestle, not a great move honestly. Mad Dog Vashaugh who would bite people, that was cool as an 8 year old. Wish I could remember all of them, it was bad but entertaining. You want to mess someone up, give them a camel clutch, it truly hurts if you do it right.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You might remember Slick in the WWF. He was the son of Rufus.

Got kicked out of Vets after my cousin chucked ice at Slick.

Prior to that, we were on screen when they recorded the Million Dollar Man declaring that he would buy Hulk Hogan's WWF Title. If you find it, I'm the kid in the bottom left wearing an Awesome Dawson shirt. For my cousin, you only see his middle finger over my shoulder.

• Friendly
Reactions: Drew0311