How many wins will it take next year to keep you hopeful about the program?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Improvement and an offensive identity. Also not systematically destroying our qbs confidence. More important tome than anything.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
As I recall, we were the ones with the ball last, down by 8 in the Iowa game. If you don't play well, and you're still in a position to win, you're probably not as bad as your record shows.

Iowa is not a good football team...and they literally laid down after going up by 20. We also got lucky against WV.

In all seriousness, the answer has to be a bowl game. Stops the bleeding and gets everyone back on the bandwagon.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
6 regular season. I'll believe that 7 games can be done when I see it.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Aug. 30 NORTH DAKOTA STATE W. Coaching change at ND gives me hope that we sack up for this and win.
Sept. 13 at Iowa. L. Yuck, but CPR staff has let a window of opportunity close where we could have won more of these......home team will win for years to come.
Sept. 20 TOLEDO (FW) W. I EXPECT to win this. I reserve the right to change this after the first two games performance and see if this team has an offense.
Sept. 27 BAYLOR L. I am still in a hangover state with our offense to expect we could out-score these cats. Referrees will have texas accents also.
Oct. 4 at Oklahoma State L. Despite the Sports Illustrated campaign against OSU, the hot cheerleader sex to get talent will have worked for this game anyway.
Oct. 11 KANSAS STATE (H) W. I a wierd way I think we humiliate Snieder in this one. A rare ***-whooping by us.
Oct. 18 at Texas L.
Oct. 30 or Nov. 1 OKLAHOMA L
Nov. 8 at Kansas W. I hate KU.
Nov. 22 TEXAS TECH W.
Nov. 29 WEST VIRGINIA Wl.
Dec. 6 at TCU W. if we have also beaten KU. If we lose to KU, there is a chance this team mails it in and loses at Fr. Worth.

So, I expect 7 wins. Like most of you, the very low expectations of making a bowl game is what I want to be hopeful for the future. A bowl game and not look like we are thoroughly out-coached like the last two bowl games have looked will give me hope.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
Aug. 30 NORTH DAKOTA STATE W. Coaching change at ND gives me hope that we sack up for this and win.
Sept. 13 at Iowa. L. Yuck, but CPR staff has let a window of opportunity close where we could have won more of these......home team will win for years to come.
Sept. 20 TOLEDO (FW) W. I EXPECT to win this. I reserve the right to change this after the first two games performance and see if this team has an offense.
Sept. 27 BAYLOR L. I am still in a hangover state with our offense to expect we could out-score these cats. Referrees will have texas accents also.
Oct. 4 at Oklahoma State L. Despite the Sports Illustrated campaign against OSU, the hot cheerleader sex to get talent will have worked for this game anyway.
Oct. 11 KANSAS STATE (H) W. I a wierd way I think we humiliate Snieder in this one. A rare ***-whooping by us.
Oct. 18 at Texas L.
Oct. 30 or Nov. 1 OKLAHOMA L
Nov. 8 at Kansas W. I hate KU.
Nov. 22 TEXAS TECH W.
Nov. 29 WEST VIRGINIA Wl.
Dec. 6 at TCU W. if we have also beaten KU. If we lose to KU, there is a chance this team mails it in and loses at Fr. Worth.

So, I expect 7 wins. Like most of you, the very low expectations of making a bowl game is what I want to be hopeful for the future. A bowl game and not look like we are thoroughly out-coached like the last two bowl games have looked will give me hope.

Definitely all winnable games where you indicated as much. I anticipate that we lose one of them, but that we beat Iowa for the 7 wins.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Okay...I'll give you texas, tt and TCU. But please don't act like we were even close in the UNI and Iowa games. Those were pathetic showings.

Annnd had we won those games you mention, we're playing in a bowl game this year and this whole thread never happened. See how close we were? :smile:

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I would say 7, but I could live with 5 or 6 as long as our guys are consistently competitive. I am hopeful next years defense will look more like Wally's defense did in 2011 and the offense will at least be able to sustain drives and average 28 or more points per game.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
A more optimistic view:

North Dakota State- Win
Kansas State- Loss in OT
Iowa- Win
Baylor- Loss
Oklahoma State- Loss in OT
Toledo- Win
Texas- Loss
Oklahoma- Close Loss
Kansas- Win
Texas Tech- Win
West Virginia- Win
TCU- Win in OT

Bowl game -- Alamo Bowl - close Win.

Final record - 8-5

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
North Dakota State- Win
Kansas State- Loss
Iowa- Loss

NDSU will be a loss, 14 returning starters 43-2 group of seniors who wants to avenge the last NDSU fbs loss.NDSU defense alone will allow them to win

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
North Dakota State- Win
Kansas State- Loss
Iowa- Loss

NDSU will be a loss, 14 returning starters 43-2 group of seniors who wants to avenge the last NDSU fbs loss.NDSU defense alone will allow them to win

This doesn't have **** to do with the thread title. ISU isn't losing to the Fighting Wannabees from Who The F*ck Cares North Dakota. STFU & GTFO.

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
Dude midol chill!! Ill place a bet with you in August or you can go on sounding like a gopher or kstate fan haha

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
This doesn't have **** to do with the thread title. ISU isn't losing to the Fighting Wannabees from Who The F*ck Cares North Dakota. STFU & GTFO.
. Dude! NDSU >>UNI. As much as I wish you were right, Vegas will likely favor NDSU. It is asinine for us schedule top 20 FCS teams. Look at where those teams are in the power rankings. If a healthy O line and new OC lift us past NDSU I'll be ecstatic.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Ya I'm worried about ndsu but I also am gonna enjoy basketball.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
North Dakota State- Win
Kansas State- Loss
Iowa- Loss

Keep in mind that NDSU will lose its historic coach who has built that program. They lose some key players too. No doubt it will be a very tough game but I think we win it.

NDSU- Win
Kstate- Win. Kstate struggles early, always.
Iowa- Loss. However I don't think iowa will be as good as this year. Losing those 3 stud NFL lb's are really going to hurt them on defense. Offensively they will be about the same meaning just stop the run, easier said than done.