How long does Chizik get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
He gets as long as he needs.

Stop being an idiot.

Asking Monty to stop being an idiot is on par with going up to a random stranger and telling them to stop breathing or shoving someone off the top of the top of a skyscraper and telling them not to fall...

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I think it's too early to make the call on Chizik's success, but all the comparisons of UNLV/Nevada & Iowa/NW have made it apparent that we should be disappointed in Chizik's results so far.

Mac got fired for going 4-8. I expected to go at least 4-8 or 5-7 in Chizik's first year considering he returned a lot of talent including an experienced senior QB, one of the Big 12's top receivers, and a decent defense including Tuba & Bowen. Instead we regressed from 4-8 to 3-9 with a 'signature' win over an Iowa team that turned out to be horrible. All the talk about how Northwestern hasn't played a good team yet got me thinking -- it's true, but the schedule is what it is, and they're 5-0...maybe they aren't great wins, but they're all wins. Meanwhile we haven't played a good team either, and we're 2-2. And our losses are to teams that have proven themselves to be pretty poor in subsequent weeks. We beat UNLV with Mac, in fact ISU had never lost to UNLV until Chizik did it. So where exactly is Chizik headed with this program? I didn't expect a bowl game in his first or second year, but I expected 4-5 wins last year and 5-6 wins this year. Instead, we got 3 wins last year and are headed to 3 or 4 wins this year. And if we don't get a lot better next year, it may be too late. Even if the team improves in year 4 we have Texas Tech, @ Oklahoma, and @ Texas on the schedule which is like starting out 0-3 with 9 remaining games. And with Utah it might be like 0-4 with 8 remaining games. We were told we couldn't compete with top teams and go to bowl games until we coughed up big money for tickets, seating, and donations. Well, Pollard got us to cough up big time and as much as I hate to say it, not only are we not better than we were under Mac, we're worse. And if there's no bowl game in 2007, 2008, or 2009, which I expect will be the case, how long is this fan base going to support Chizik & Pollard?

You are a fool.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I thought I was on hawkeye nation for a minute. I think Monty is actually a rouge KGB agent who was hired by John Miller to come on Cyclone Fanatic to disperse lies and untruths about the state of our football program, so we fire Chizik because of 'Lack of Progress", then Iowa gets rid of Ferentz, so they can hire Chizik. The old bait and switch won't work this time. Nice try Miller, why don't you and your Commie henchmen look for trouble somewheres else.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Uh, this just in: Chizik stepped into a program light years - LIGHT YEARS - ahead of what Mac stepped into. No knowledgeable fan can ever compare Chizik to Mac in their first 2-3 years. Walden left the program with tons of players in academic trouble, no summer camp program to speak of, a state full of high school FB coaches who practically laughed at ISU, awful facilities, and on and on and on. All of those problems became strengths under Mac. And, he never lost to UNI.

Guy, I don't know where you were during Mac's last year, but you must not have been at a lot of Cyclone games. Sure, they won 4 games, by the smallest possible margin. The only reason Mac didn't loose to UNI is that thier kicker missed the FG at the end of the game. I'll admit that the program wasn't quite as bad when GC took over as when Mac left, but light years? The OL was horrible, the recruiting was subpar, the weight program was outdated.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I loved back but he really let the program go to the point there was a severe talent drain. There are reporters out there that said ISU had 20+ scholarship offers out to JUCO's during Mac's last season. Monty's relentless pining for Mac is getting very lame.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Dan Mc=good at best

Dan Mc does not = God

Guys we all love what Dan did here, but his program was in decline. Much like a team to our east. We have an athletic director that realized that.

Look at the instant buzz a new coach got. We had a record year season ticket wise. This tells me that it was the correct time. Now please give the coach enough time to get his own players in the system longer then 1 year.

So Tornado man, Monty, and others that worship Dan to no end. Please stop praying everynight that Dan will suddenly walk back through the facilities doors in the near future. It won't happen. You obsession with him is sick and twisted. Its time to stop sleeping with you Dan McCarney doll at night and grow up...

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Some people apparently can't think rationally or with any sort of knowledge-base. If you expected any coach to come in an win in such a short period of time, you simply do not belong anywhere near college sports.

Amen Jeremy, nothing more needs to be said IMHO.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
This is the same type of person who thinks they automatically become a mature adult on their eighteenth birthday and that their quality of life will improve the day they start their new job.

Building a successful program takes time and loyal fans. If you can't see the forest for the trees, maybe you belong on the highway to Hawkeyeville.:skeptical:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
If ever there was a thread that should be closed and deleted - this is it.

But the way, he was 0-4 this time last year. We're 2-2. I like the pace he's on just fine.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
What we're dealing with here, is a mentally challenged Hawk fan with schizophrenia. Some days a Hawk...other days a Cyclone. No less of a troll than the Hawk fans that show up here with the intent to cause problems.

Just move along, no rational thought to see here...

Status
Not open for further replies.