How is this entertainment?

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Anyone who admits to watching more that an accidental 5 seconds of MTV while flipping through channels should voluntarily leave CF for one week to consider what they have done.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
o-nay, it-shay!

Whenever I see something like that, my response is always the same: "Dukes of Hazard". In the late '70's the incredibly shallow Dukes of Hazard was Number 1 on TV for many consecutive months. Glorification of ignorance and sexism was the people's choice by a wide margin. I could never understand why such a shallow presentation could possibly be the preference of America. Remembering this seemingly unlikely fact always brings me back to reality. When I see Al Franken or Jessie (the body) Venture elected to high office"Dukes of Hazard" - , pet rocks - "Dukes of Hazard", Anna Nicole Smith as the lead story for weeks on end - "Dukes of Hazard". It represents a huge demographic that, God help us, is in the majority.

lets keep the politics out of the off-topic forum.

-keep

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
o-nay, it-shay!

Whenever I see something like that, my response is always the same: "Dukes of Hazard". In the late '70's the incredibly shallow Dukes of Hazard was Number 1 on TV for many consecutive months. Glorification of ignorance and sexism was the people's choice by a wide margin. I could never understand why such a shallow presentation could possibly be the preference of America. Remembering this seemingly unlikely fact always brings me back to reality. When I see Al Franken or Jessie (the body) Venture elected to high office"Dukes of Hazard" - , pet rocks - "Dukes of Hazard", Anna Nicole Smith as the lead story for weeks on end - "Dukes of Hazard". It represents a huge demographic that, God help us, is in the majority.
TV shows are serious business.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Obviously not the sole cause, but not a deterrent.

I got news for ya, if you think anything is going to stop teens from getting pregnant, your crazy. Sex has been and always will be the #1 hobby in the world. Teens are always going to have raging hormones and they are always going to do it, and there are always going to be some who are too stupid/too drunk/too horny to use protection, so there will always be plenty of pregnant teens.

Its just the reality of our species, heck for the vast majority of human existence women were married off and pregnant by the time they were teenagers.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I got news for ya, if you think anything is going to stop teens from getting pregnant, your crazy. Sex has been and always will be the #1 hobby in the world. Teens are always going to have raging hormones and they are always going to do it, and there are always going to be some who are too stupid/too drunk/too horny to use protection, so there will always be plenty of pregnant teens.

Its just the reality of our species, heck for the vast majority of human existence women were married off and pregnant by the time they were teenagers.

I can handle the mistakes as bolded above... **** happens and we adjust and move on. What floors me are the kids that want to have babies at an early, pre-HS Graduation age....with no plan in place to raise the poor kid.

I have a great plan for birth control for any horny teenager.... let them watch my 2 year old boy for a week ...... :shocked:

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
I can handle the mistakes as bolded above... **** happens and we adjust and move on. What floors me are the kids that want to have babies at an early, pre-HS Graduation age....with no plan in place to raise the poor kid.

I have a great plan for birth control for any horny teenager.... let them watch my 2 year old boy for a week ...... :shocked:
Can't agree with you more. I have a 17 y.o. step son, and his 4 y.o. brother and 2 y.o. sister are the best birth control money can buy.

I also can't believe the 16 year old girls that just want to have a baby. That is crazy.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

You mean like last year those girls from Gloucester, Massachusetts and their "pact" to get pregnant together (however true or untrue it may be, although I find it hard to believe that 15+ friends all getting pregnant around the same time coincidence, no matter what they say)

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

That sounds like a great plan.... I am 28 and it still works for me! Can't imagine why anyone would want to have one so young, other than just plain stupidity, and unfortunately that trait usually gets passed on to the children as well!

Seriously, I like kids and get along with them good when I am around them... but every time I am for an extended period of time I have a newfound respect for those who have them (the good parents who put in the work required), and I thank my lucky stars that I don't have any yet.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
We commonly refer to pre Dec 1st 2006 as "B.C."

Before Christian or Birth Control.

Poor kid doesn't stand a chance.

-keep

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
No pirate so I'll assume the details will be coming via PM shortly.

Is that what that dumb pirate means? I just thought it was the symbol for "I am an idiot and I don't really know what I'm talking about so I plan to just wave my e(peen) around and see whose cheek it smacks first".

Last edited:

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Is that what that dumb pirate means? I just thought it was the symbol for I am an idiot and I don't really know what I'm talking about so I plan to just wave my e(peen) around and see whose cheek it smacks first.

it meant to imply sarcasm ... its the sarcasm pirate. :biggrin:

-keep