Help: How does this work?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I could just go in and change the avatar for you, but then you won't learn how!

Oh, and IcSyU, and CycloneErik, I could go in and change yours, too. Hmmm, what embarrassing pic should I use? That's your punishment for teasing a mod.:wink:
Just remember, revenge is a ***** :wink:

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I could just go in and change the avatar for you, but then you won't learn how!

Oh, and IcSyU, and CycloneErik, I could go in and change yours, too. Hmmm, what embarrassing pic should I use? That's your punishment for teasing a mod.:wink:

I've been here a while and I had someone do it for me cause I couldnt get it the right size and still nice looking. Mods rule -sometimes... :th_woot:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I would like some specifics, if someone has them. I know how the rep works, but how does the rep points work. How many points do you get per rep and does it change depending on who reps you?

I have something like 2000 rep points and though I've gotten allot of reps recently, I haven't really seen my rep points go up. Makes me wonder how I got 2000 rep points to begin with.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
There used to be something called "negative rep" that you could give people when they posted something dumb, or were obviously just trying to cause trouble. Unfortunately that is no longer an option, so pretty much "anything goes" and there are a lot of ridiculous threads... especially when ISU is losing and people are frustrated/bored.

Not that I'm complaining about the site overall, we did recently get a bunch of new pirate and ninja smileys. :pcool::pbiggrin::th_cool::th_o::th_Jttesur:

People started abusing negative rep, though, and giving it out to people they just didn't agree with as opposed to people who are clearly idiots and deserved it.

I think there should be a "debbie downer" badge of shame for people who are perpetually negative though, so when they post people can mock them and not get so worked up about their inane ramblings. :biglaugh:

I also think there should be a "crap thread" tag for horrible threads, and any posts in those threads should move the thread in the opposite direction in the forum :biglaugh: Also, every post in the thread should take credits away from the thread starter. And it should also take away one "rep" from them for starting such a horrible thread.

Lucca being a bust thread started? Mark it "crap" and watch every post in it bury the thread deeper in the forums, and the thread starter lose credits as if he were betting on the Hawks to cover a ISU-Iowa football game. :biglaugh:

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
As long as were are on topic, what does one do with credits once they have earned them?

CubsnClones

Dec 18, 2008
West Des Moines
happy-drunk-man.jpg

I'm having fun with this now!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron