How do you order at Subway

How do you order at Subway?

• Type of bread, then type of sandwich

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Type of sandwich on type of bread

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • They know me so well, they start making the sandwich when I walk in the door

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I say type of sandwich on what type of bread and the people in line behind me give me weird looks. The 3rd option applies to me also

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Bread then sandwich because if I don't they will ask me to say the sandwich again.

Usually they ask for the bread, sandwich, cheese, heated or toasted all while cutting the bread. And then they ask me again during every single step.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Is it sandwich as a choice or is it filling such as turkey when compared to the bread item?

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I just keep driving right past Subway. Their food is very low quality and what's worse is they've used mainstream media and celebrity athletes to brain wash the public into thinking they're eating health.

More Diet Coke please! SMH

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
In story city they just make it for me without asking. Otherwise I say sandwich and then bread

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Sandwich first, althogh I know this is clearly wrong. There are many times where I have to repeat my sandwich order and type of cheese after they've cut the bread. I have no idea why I don't go bread first...

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
After reading this thread I have realized that the enormous sandwich I can get at subway for $5 is somehow not great food! I will change my habits now because of it and only eat at fine dining establishments when I am looking to eat lunch meat sandwiches. :jimlad:

BourbonClone

Mar 10, 2013
At the subway I patronize, the sandwich artist wants five things in the folowing order. The first four things they want spoken together succinctly. #5 should be added just as the employee is peeling the last two pieces of cheese apart but before they place them on the sub.

1. footlong or 6 inch
2. bread
3. sandwich
4. cheese type
5. toasted

"I'll take a footlong italian herbs cheese with meatballs and provolone..... toasted."

I'll admit, it is odd not to order sandwich type first. And Subway is my only exception to that rule. But I believe the above method precisely coincides with the ingredient selection process and the memory recall efficiency.

Disclaimer: I have eaten over 1000 subway sandwiches in my lifetime. Therefore I have observed the ordering effectiveness of thousands of other customers.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Sandwich first, althogh I know this is clearly wrong. There are many times where I have to repeat my sandwich order and type of cheese after they've cut the bread. I have no idea why I don't go bread first...
I just feel awkward ordering bread first. "I'll have a footlong buffalo chicken on monterrey cheddar" flows better than "I'll have a footlong monterrey cheddar, buffalo chicken".