Home court

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Sounded like the crowd was still waking up from their extended nap this week, just like the players.

You can't expect the crowd to get into a game when every single time the crowd tries to get into it after a good play on one end, it is followed up by something ****** on the other.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I'm sure the crowd caused us to keep bricking long jumpers and turning the ball over again and again leading to easy run-outs. I bet it was also probable that it was their influence that caused our team to wait to apply any pressure on their ball hhandlers until 7 mins left in the game and we were down by 19.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
i would be thrilled if the old people on the sides could cheer for the good guys throughout the game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You can't expect the crowd to get into a game when every single time the crowd tries to get into it after a good play on one end, it is followed up by something ****** on the other.
I thought the crowd was really good considering how that game went. Even down a lot with minutes to play.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I thought the crowd was really good considering how that game went. Even down a lot with minutes to play.

For sure.

The crowd started leaving slowly, but at most other arenas the arena wouldve been pouring out with 10 minutes left. That performance would have deserved that, tbh.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don’t even know what the crowd is supposed to do. Are they supposed to all yell and jump up and down like idiots when the opposing team is in the process of going on a 27-4 run? That game was impossible to get excited about.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
One of Fred's teams got worked by mediocre UNI in Ames yet beat Kansas.
**** happens.

It's a long season.

This kind of attitude is why they will finish 11-7 every year and never win another conference championship. Judging by today, the players have this exact attitude also, no killer instinct, no sense of urgency. They got up 13-4 and thought they were entitled to an easy win. TCU punked them right in front of their own fans. Prohm looked like an amateur compared to Dixon for the 3rd straight game.

This **** that Fred lost this and this is getting old, go look at their home records and then get back to me. Facts don't lie about Prohm in Hilton.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This kind of attitude is why they will finish 11-7 every year and never win another conference championship. Judging by today, the players have this exact attitude also, no killer instinct, no sense of urgency. They got up 13-4 and thought they were entitled to an easy win. TCU punked them right in front of their own fans. Prohm looked like an amateur compared to Dixon for the 3rd straight game.

This **** that Fred lost this and this is getting old, go look at their home records and then get back to me. Facts don't lie about Prohm in Hilton.
You should feel bad for posting this.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You should feel bad for posting this.

I don't feel bad at all, this is a classic example of getting too big of a head. TCU had been run out of the gym their last 3 road games and needed a miracle to beat the worst team in the conference at home the other night.

ISU obviously didnt take them seriously and thought they could just go through the motions and win.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ISU obviously didnt take them seriously and thought they could just go through the motions and win.
You dont know the definition of obvious.
TCU is now 5-5. ISU is 7-4. There may not be that much of a separation between us.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I'm sure the crowd caused us to keep bricking long jumpers and turning the ball over again and again leading to easy run-outs. I bet it was also probable that it was their influence that caused our team to wait to apply any pressure on their ball hhandlers until 7 mins left in the game and we were down by 19.

No that is all prohm’s fault, of course.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You dont know the definition of obvious.
TCU is now 5-5. ISU is 7-4. There may not be that much of a separation between us.

That's sad then, TCU is already down their starting PG this year and we still don't have separation from them?

This team has already shown they are capable of winning a Big 12 title and once again its not happening because we cant be consistent. With Hoiberg he refused to play defense, now Prohm teaches defense and grinds out road wins but can't even protect one of the biggest home court advantages in college basketball.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

Remind me again how many regular season championships did Fred win, with his stellar home record?

If they go 7-2 at home and 6-3 on the road I think that points to a more consistent team overall. Vs a 8-1 and 3-6 kind of team..

Last time you ranted about a home loss, they went on a nice run, I hope it has the same effect.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That's sad then, TCU is already down their starting PG this year and we still don't have separation from them?

This team has already shown they are capable of winning a Big 12 title and once again its not happening because we cant be consistent. With Hoiberg he refused to play defense, now Prohm teaches defense and grinds out road wins but can't even protect one of the biggest home court advantages in college basketball.
So this team has already shown that they are capable of winning a B12 title, we lose 1 game to a decent team, and now they played with a big head with a bad coach, and the sky is falling?

I bet you're fun at parties.

• Winner
Reactions: chuckd4735