Home Basketball Hoops

CyMark1986

Sep 7, 2009
Anyone have a recommendation for a home (in ground) basketball system? I have been looking but the prices vary so much and I don't have a good grasp of value with this product.

Are the Goalsetters/Gorilla set ups worth the money? How about ease of set up? I would like something with a square pole as I percieve that to be sturdier than the the round.

Any input/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
I put in a Goalsetter back in 2002, the only complaint I have is the white paint around the edges of the backboard and on the square around the rim basically disappeared. My boys gave it quite a work out over the years. Very solid set up.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Anyone have a recommendation for a home (in ground) basketball system? I have been looking but the prices vary so much and I don't have a good grasp of value with this product.

Are the Goalsetters/Gorilla set ups worth the money? How about ease of set up? I would like something with a square pole as I percieve that to be sturdier than the the round.

Any input/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

are you looking to install it yourself, or have a pro do it? My friend has his own company and does a ton of setups/installs for ****'s Sporting Goods, but also travels to Des Moines area alot to do installs?

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I sell/install Goalsetter Basketball Systems. My parents bought a Goalsetter for my siblings and I while growing up and has stood the test of time. We've had it for 15 years and it held up against the beating my friends and I put on it.
I'd recommend getting a glass backboard opposed to an acrylic board. As someone stated earlier, the lines on the backboard wear off on the acrylic board because they're painted on the outside, while the lines are baked in on the glass backboard. Glass will be alittle heavier lifting it, but it's also cheaper than acrylic. Glass also has a truer bounce like a high school backboard whereas acrylic absorbs the bounce. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you've got.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Can anyone add suggestions for a portable system? I can't do an inground but we're going to check out portable systems today.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Buy a rim that cannot be broken easily. People like to dunk in the driveway.

chewbocka

Nov 25, 2009
Buy a rim that cannot be broken easily. People like to dunk in the driveway.

I broke the rim right off our hoop with a dunk about 5 years ago. Granted, the backboard was probably 10-15 years old. I think the backboard was made of fiberglass - the rim was getting really bouncy toward the end of its life.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Buy a backup rim & net too, so you don't set a whole day away for friends to have an all day tourney of driveway bball, just to have a dunk and break it on the first game and run around wasting the rest of the day getting a replacement.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron