SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Just on a quick scan that looks like a decent list, I think House should probably be a little higher. Sesame Street should probably be a lot higher. BBT should be lower, although I don't hate it like many do. Not bad though.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Glaring omission: The Cosby Show (I understand why, but it is definitely a huge show historically).

Seems like it is a little too weighted to the last 10 years with some classics sprinkled in. What about Leave it to Beaver? Perry Mason? Diff'rent Strokes, etc. Honestly, I know All in the Family is there, but The Jeffersons almost rose to that level too. What other shows do you think are glaring omissions?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I love this from The Rockford Files...

A few years into the private eye series, another show on a rival network came on with a similar theme song. "[James Garner] and I ran into the producer of that show," recalls Stuart Margolin, 75, who played Rockford's rascally sidekick, Angel. "Next thing you know, Jim throws a right hook. The producer gets up and says: 'Did you see that? Did you see him hit me?' Jim looks at me and says, 'You didn't see? I'll do it again.' And he knocks him down again."

Great show if you are looking for an old series to get into...

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Glaring omission: The Cosby Show (I understand why, but it is definitely a huge show historically).

Seems like it is a little too weighted to the last 10 years with some classics sprinkled in. What about Leave it to Beaver? Perry Mason? Diff'rent Strokes, etc. Honestly, I know All in the Family is there, but The Jeffersons almost rose to that level too. What other shows do you think are glaring omissions?

**** van **** Show (was that on there?), probably The Tonight Show?

Edit: Yes, DVDShow was on there, and I forgot we didn't include the D-word here.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
-How the hell do you leave out Home Improvement???

-Everybody Loves Raymond, Saved by the Bell, and Lost (my favorite show of all time so bias on this) should be a tad higher

-Still enjoy old episodes of the Twilight Zone

-Glad to see Castle get some love.

-Never could stomach Will and Grace.

-I thought Friends was just okay. Tried too hard to be funny for me sometimes.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm just glad Dharma and Greg didn't make the cut

[video=youtube;RGBY3TBMe8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBY3TBMe8Y[/video]

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Am I the only one who isn't a fan of Friends?

I'll join you there, but maybe i was too young for it when it was originally airing. I was a fan of HIMYM, which is a pretty similar show, but i was also in my late 20s when i binge watched most of HIMYM, and its story probably more targeted my age than the kid i was when Friends came out.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Interesting that Star Trek original series is so far above TNG. IMO TNG is much better.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
-How the hell do you leave out Home Improvement???

-Everybody Loves Raymond, Saved by the Bell, and Lost (my favorite show of all time so bias on this) should be a tad higher

-Still enjoy old episodes of the Twilight Zone

-Glad to see Castle get some love.

-Never could stomach Will and Grace.

-I thought Friends was just okay. Tried too hard to be funny for me sometimes.

My exact thoughts on Friends

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think How I Met Your Mother is vastly overrated, not that it's a bad show necessarily but I'd say it'd be somewhere between 75-100 for me.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think How I Met Your Mother is vastly overrated, not that it's a bad show necessarily but I'd say it'd be somewhere between 75-100 for me.

It's interesting how different people take a show. I thought HIMYM was genius. Pretty elaborate plot, funny, and Barney Stinson just made that show awesome. However, I can't get into other shows that most people find awesome.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron