Hi, St. Louis, Glad to have you.

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA
haha, man i hate the cardinals. like pujols, he seems like a good guy but their fans just ruin it for them. oh well, feels good to be on top!

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Enjoy it while you can. It won't last long.

The Cubs actually have a major advantage for the second half, as they have played 5 less games than the Cardinals and have a -3 advantage in the loss column as it is.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I still think the Astros will sneak in and steal it... But enjoy it Cub fans. Lord knows you will never win a World Series.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I still think the Astros will sneak in and steal it... But enjoy it Cub fans. Lord knows you will never win a World Series.
Its been a long time but the Cubs have won a World Series.:tongue:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I agree. The playoffs just are not the same without a Cubs sweep. :wink:

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Ahhhh... What really sucks is having to be a Brewers fan. Being in it every year only to have your hopes crushed....hey that kind of seems like Iowa Sta.... ohh wait.

At least the Cubs are on top, hopefully they remain there.

Cyclone_Grav

Jul 13, 2007
Des Moines
The cubs have played a favorable stretch of games while the cards have played some tougher teams and have a series with dodgers coming up. The end of the season is still two months away, plenty of baseball left and this race is going to be fought tooth and nail.

Reactions: CylentButDeadly

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
The end of the season is still two months away, plenty of baseball left and this race is going to be fought tooth and nail.

There is little I enjoy more than a tight division race involving the Cubs & Cardinals. I don't think the Cardinals are going away and agree it'll go right down to the wire. I might have to activate XM radio so as to catch games during windshield time...

Cyclone_Grav

Jul 13, 2007
Des Moines
There is little I enjoy more than a tight division race involving the Cubs & Cardinals. I don't think the Cardinals are going away and agree it'll go right down to the wire. I might have to activate XM radio so as to catch games during windshield time...

I agree nothing would be more entertaining than see that last series between the two with the division on the line. I, being in africa however, wont see it :sad:.

so im hoping the cards just get hot and destroy everybody. not as much anxiety.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
The cubs have played a favorable stretch of games while the cards have played some tougher teams and have a series with dodgers coming up. The end of the season is still two months away, plenty of baseball left and this race is going to be fought tooth and nail.

When Ramirez got hurt, the priority for the team immediately became treading water until he came back, as losing him was just as bad to the Cubs as losing Pujols would be for the Cardinals - as talented as the rest of the lineup was, suddenly there was a huge hole in it. Subbing in Andre Blanco's bat for Ramirez's bat didn't instill fear in anyone.

Treading water is exactly what the Cubs did, never getting more than 3 over or 2 under. The Cardinals, who started 17-7, have gone 36-42 since then and lost 6 of 10 coming out of the break. Not exactly the 1927 Yankees.

With Ramirez starting to get hot (7 hits, 2 homers over the weekend) and Soriano starting to go on one of his streaks, the Cubs look to finally be getting their **** together, while the Cardinals - who had every opportunity to take a sizeable lead in the division - somehow managed not to.

Last edited:

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
I agree nothing would be more entertaining than see that last series between the two with the division on the line. I, being in africa however, wont see it :sad:.

so im hoping the cards just get hot and destroy everybody. not as much anxiety.

The problem is mlb only gave the cubs/cards 3 games after the AS break. And only 7 with milwaukee. All 10 games are in a 1.5 week period in the middle of september. Terrible scheduling on mlb's part. The three teams that have consistently been battling for the central play all their games against each other in the first half :no:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron