Hell of a season

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Absolutely wonderful season... overachieved for sure. Since 2016 ISU has been in the sweet 16 three times, I don't know the answer but there can't be a ton of other teams that can say that.

If the guys stay that can, we get development and the newcomers develop I feel like a sweet 16 appearance is a makeable goal.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Great team, and a team that played way above their talent level. Don't get me wrong, these guys are great college players but we don't have any next level talent on this team with the exception of possibly Milan and he certainly didnt live up to that tonight. They epitomize the phrase greater than the sum of its parts. I have zero doubt that TJ is going to keep this rolling and we will have many more sweet sixteens in our future. It sucks this season is over, but it feels like its just the beginning.

Last edited:

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
It was a fun season! Only one team comes out of this tournament with a win. Iowa State has had a lot of what ifs in basketball the past 25 years...what if Shirley wasn't called for a blarge. What if Niang doesn't get hurt. What if we played a better first half tonight...
ISUs time will come. Probably sooner than later with the way TJ has it going.

He-Guy

Feb 17, 2024
While tonight's loss to Illinois was tough, the Big 12 tournament and the first two games of March Madness showed that this is the best ISU basketball team in a while.
I'll miss the seniors, but I'm really looking forward to TJ's next season with some new big men in the mix, Momcilovic working to improve his all around game, and Lipsey continuing to be a star. Go Cyclones!

Last edited:

jspeels

May 14, 2022
Keyboard athletes on a roll tonight…sucks to lose but we did, had chances!! To say we choked or whatever is a disgrace to TJ, his staff, and this team! How bout the elephant in the room, Illini best player??? Should he be playing?? I don’t know if TJ would play a guy in his position…hope to never find out. People have short memories of what TJ took over! In 3 seasons (prior season 2 wins! TWO!), and we have 3 tournaments, 2 sweet 16’s, a big 12 tournament championship, and a culture guys are seeking! They don’t embarrass themselves on the court by complaining all night! They play and they play hard!! Great season!! Go State!

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Great Season. I feel much better coming out of this game than I did after the blarge and Niange's broken foot. There was always a cloud hanging over our program. After 2000 (and 2001), we were losing probably the best players we have had in a long time. After 2014, we continuously had the question of whether Hoiberg was going to leave to go to the NBA. But now, we have an identity. We have a coach that is going to be at Iowa State for the long haul. We have a lot of returning talent. We have talent in the program that has potential and recruits with promise. I am so excited about the future of Iowa State basketball.

This team was so exciting to watch. Not living in Iowa makes it hard to get to games, but I was able to see more games this year than I ever have. I hope to increase my games next year.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Rob Jones interview on the radio has me all up in my feels.

Reactions: He-Guy

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Terrfiic year! That team played so damn hard. Just dug too big of a hole.

Another addition or two in the portal legit chance to be even better next year.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
Need one of lipsey, jones, momcilovic to become a shead or shannon jr type player(minus the raping) unstoppable on offense and we jump a level. Front court production will be hard to replace so need to limit the drop-off there as well.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
At least we won KC (our superbowl)
It's not our superbowl. That is stupid.

But we do want to win it every year. That should be a goal.

But it should also be a goal to go to the Final Four. It is a lot harder to do that. But it does not diminish the accomplishments of this team. And one of those accomplishments was winning the Big 12 Tournament. Another was going to the Sweet Sixteen. Both make it a great season.

As a fan, I want both. I don't want to ever lose another Big 12 tournament game. And I don't want to lose another NCAA Tournament game. I don't want to lose any game.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
First ISU coach to take 2 teams to the Sweet Sixteen and it’s only year 3.

2nd in conference that is at an all time high difficulty. Beat #1 team twice.

2nd most wins in a season ever at ISU.

If you don’t see the accomplishments for how huge they are historically for us and see the incredible pipeline of talent, you’re watching the wrong program.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
First ISU coach to take 2 teams to the Sweet Sixteen and it’s only year 3.

2nd in conference that is at an all time high difficulty. Beat #1 team twice.

2nd most wins in a season ever at ISU.

If you don’t see the accomplishments for how huge they are historically for us and see the incredible pipeline of talent, you’re watching the wrong program.

Yup. We'll be back soon.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Absolutely wonderful season... overachieved for sure. Since 2016 ISU has been in the sweet 16 three times, I don't know the answer but there can't be a ton of other teams that can say that.

If the guys stay that can, we get development and the newcomers develop I feel like a sweet 16 appearance is a makeable goal.
Not sure if it was rhetorical, but if a question is asked about the tournament, I can't help but answer. The answer is 23 (22 other than Iowa State), but only 11 have been there more than 3.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron