Hell of a season

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Good grief. Some of our fans need to learn how to deal with a loss. Have some dignity.

Great season, one of the best in school history. We had a terrible first half but fought all the way to the end. Proud of the team!

Also UConn will beat Illinois by 15+ on Saturday

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Give TJ a raise/extension and tell him to figure out how to prevent the team from being completely unprepared for a Sweet 16 game.

Excited for next year!

Experience will prepare them. That’s the best way to prepare for it.

It helps when this isn’t the end of the road for this team. Lots of guys that should be coming back. The seniors were a big part this season, but they weren’t the core.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Upgrade our bigs and there's no doubt we'll be in the same position here next year.

A hell of a season, but this teams fate was sealed Selection Sunday when Pollard refused to stick up for his team. We should have been in the West where as predicted the bracket is chaos.

I'm not surprised at all Illinois won this game, I warned everyone 2 weeks ago but everyone was worried about Tucker and the Mormons. They are very good and if you step out of " The Big 10 sucks" echo chamber on here and actually looked at it logically they were the 2nd best team in the second best conference.

So I guess congrats to Illinois and have fun getting your ass kicked on Saturday.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Good grief. Some of our fans need to learn how to deal with a loss. Have some dignity.

Great season, one of the best in school history. We had a terrible first half but fought all the way to the end. Proud of the team!

Also UConn will beat Illinois by 15+ on Saturday
We have some real dumbasses...

Fun year, barring a portal surprise, should be top 10 preseason next year.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
It was a hell of a season. No need to say we were unprepared. I wish they wouldn't have doubled for so long on defense, Illinois' height allowed them to pass over our guys anytime they needed.

We had so many missed opportunities tonight we just couldn't get out of our own way. Nothing more of an example of this than Tre King airballing a layup from 2 feet out when we needed it most. (Not blaming him specifically, just a perfect example of how the team didn't perform up to a high standard tonight.)

Awesome to be excited for the future legitimately at the end of a season instead of just being hopeful.

Go Cyclones!

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois

I'm very glad that our players handle losing with a lot more grace than our fans (on here).

We all knew this outcome was entirely possible. It was still one hell of a season!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It was a hell of a season. No need to say we were unprepared. I wish they wouldn't have doubled for so long on defense, Illinois' height allowed them to pass over our guys anytime they needed.

We had so many missed opportunities tonight we just couldn't get out of our own way. Nothing more of an example of this than Tre King airballing a layup from 2 feet out when we needed it most. (Not blaming him specifically, just a perfect example of how the team didn't perform up to a high standard tonight.)

Awesome to be excited for the future legitimately at the end of a season instead of just being hopeful.

Go Cyclones!

I take the unprepared comments as just that the team seemed really tight early. Not that they weren’t prepared strategy wise, but more this was the first time in this pressure environment and don’t come out well to start the game.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just plain started badly, rushing on offense. Defense totally lived up to its billing once we quit putting ourselves in bad situations with the janky offense to start.

The second half was outstanding and they displayed the toughness that we've seen all year. Just so many shots in the paint that we couldn't convert.

I feel for Milan, he had a rough, rough game all around, but sometimes that just happens. The fact that it was so noticeable is a testament to how important he was to our offense this year.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
Sometimes I wonder if taking dumps on a message board (especially after a loss) is the only way for some people to be able to sleep that night. If that's the case... fire away. We're all in a bad mood right now.
Not at all, this was the best season I was able to witness as a fan. Was a lot of fun. Just a frustrating end.

• Useful
Reactions: JCity