Heard and Seen in Orlando

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Church and football pretty much the same in the South. Had relatives in South Carolina who absolutely hated Clemson and their fans, said they thought they were entitled to the best. Kind of reminds me of a certain team East.
Critical observer Donald trump?

coolmooinlou

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2015
Louisville, Kentucky
That is how most southern fan bases dress even in our own conference.
Dressing preppie, sundesses for girls and jackets and ties for boys, was certainly the expectation for many years at UVa. Until the early 2000s when the football coach encouraged students to wear Cavalier gear and create "a sea of Orange". There was a negative reaction from some students who created a Facebook page titled, "Guys in ties and Girls in pearls." Personally I wouldn't mind if there existed a greater variety of Cyclonewear, particularly for alumnas that desire something slightly more sophisticated than a t-shirt. Considering the existing prices of current offerings, how much more costly could it be to create something with a modicum of style?
That is how most southern fan bases dress even in our own conference.

Reactions: exCYtable

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
We stayed at the Hyatt (hawk team hotel, yes we were aware when we booked, we stayed there 2 years ago and liked the location and pools) and didn’t really encounter much. Some intelligent/friendly conversations and of course the few douchebags, but for the most part we just avoided and ignored each other as fanbases from what I could tell.

We had a great experience with an Iowa staff member and their fam by the more resort style pool on a Tuesday. But Wednesday morning all we could hear by the other pool was a loud vapid hawk- not sure if she was a coaches wife or players mom, but had no awareness of her surroundings trashing Iowa State fans around the area. Like a conversation you should have in your room, not loudly in a public place.

CySki

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2010
Waukee, IA
Yeah, that's the dynamic I felt at our tailgate. CF-er's were active, drinking, eating, joking around, and having a great time. The Clemson couple across the aisle sitting in the back of the SUV looked like they were waiting for a funeral in a church building.

When we were setting up, I heard the one lady say to the other as they looked around at all the cyclone tailgates, ”We’re seriously out of our league here.” I told them that we hadn’t even started yet. The guy who looked like he was going out for Easter brunch at the country club rather than attending a football game talked to us after the game and was super nice.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cycsk