Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Todd Graham (Tulsa HC)

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Chris Peterson (Boise State HC)

Votes: 78 21.8%

• Total voters

91Cardinal

Dec 13, 2008
Paul Rhoads for HC. You almost have to get an Iowa native unless you want to pick a new head coach again in 2010. Plus he's smart and proved it. We lose games because we get ran over on D every second half. Tell that to Rhoads who had 16 injured players last season at Auburn and still got 5 wins. Auburns offense just sucked. Gene will suck it up next year in Auburn. They are making the same mistake with Tommy that we did with Mac. Look where that got us in 07-08.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
At this point, I just want the limitations for a new coach to be a current head coach who has had success at a school NOT IN THE SOUTH.

91Cardinal

Dec 13, 2008
What Current Head Coach would come to ISU in his right mind. Its a Building school not top of the line head coaching position. Thats where local loyalties and roots will help your recruiting. The southern ties of an Auburn or any other SEC coach only give recruiting an edge. With out those ties you have no players from the south. People like Bo Williams are from the south with loads of other speedy talent much like him. No good recruits no cy-hawk trophy no Big 12 wins....again. Gene had no passion for Iowa State he just wanted to put one foot on the stepping stone and move on to the next big school. Hey Gene, See ya! 09 would've been your last anyway.

Reactions: Wesley

acody

Nov 25, 2006
:skeptical:If ISU hires another coordinator likes Venables, Wilson, or Strong, from a major program, I'm canceling my season tickets.
These type of coaches have the best talent in the country, have not been a head coach and are not what is needed at ISU. We need a young energetic head coach who has been in control of a program.

CapnMorgan18

Jan 15, 2008
Ames, Cyclone State, USA
I say we get John Madden.

at the very least no one will have to listen to him on sundays, and i'm sure ISU will get a larger fanbase because of it.

or you can hire me, my NCAA 09 Dynasty is 120-0. i'm sure that success will transfer over :biglaugh:

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I say we get John Madden.

at the very least no one will have to listen to him on sundays, and i'm sure ISU will get a larger fanbase because of it.

or you can hire me, my NCAA 09 Dynasty is 120-0. i'm sure that success will transfer over :biglaugh:

don't be so hard on yourself. for chizik's contract i bet you could go winless in conference too.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
STEVE LONEY.....he took a temp coaching job at Drake, didn't he? Why wouldn't he come back to ISU?

Because he is retired and does not want to coach anymore. He only took that job as a temp as a favor to their AD.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I think its obvious who needs to be out new Head Coach. A guy who was a extremely hard worker and has proven himself as a winner time and time again. Who am i talking about? PETE CARROLL!!! Back in 1979, Pete Carroll was the secondary coach here at Iowa State. I think he would enjoy taking over where it all began. AND...... he is a former member of the SAE fraternity. I think I heard he already has a cot waiting for him over there in cold airs. HAHAHA

do you guys still have reefer madness like you did in the 80s?

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Turner Gill would like to thank all of you for the publicity and increasing his stock in the AD-wars. keep it up, and you will make him a lot more money. I'm sure hope Jamie doesn't offer him some large sum for him to turn down and use as leverage in another job.

Turner Gill would not come here to play against NU. He has a different job in mind.
Move on to real candidates.

what is the different job?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Well, if Auburn can hire Chizik, can't we hire Tuberville? I mean, he's available, he's got experience, and he's already sitting on a walletful of cash, right?

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I would love to get Turner. I watched the MAC championship and was highly impressed with his sideline demeanor and seems to be a gifted offensive inovator. To a man, supposedly if you ask anyone thats ever been associated with him at Nebraska, they will tell you he is as solid a human being as you will ever find. He would be a great representative of ISU, if we could talk him into it of course.