Hayden Pauls commits

MyronDamMixon

Jul 19, 2016
My hypothesis was that our best local linemen have had Iowa offers. Campbell has gotten a lot of recruits that have held Iowa offers.

Here's what I found
Bryce Meeker No
JGJ No
Knipfel (JUCO, No)
Olsen Walk-on
Newell Yes
Downing Yes
Foster No
Miller No
Pauls Yes

I'm sure I left some obvious ones out, but that's a good start. Pretty inconclusive either way IMO.

Newell did not have an Iowa offer.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Newell did not have an Iowa offer.

According to 24/7 he did. Regardless Iowa is usually going to come out on top head to head simply due to the schools' philosophy on offers. State sends out a bunch early then focuses on their best responses. Iowa evaluates and only offer to kids they feel confident they are in with. Is this always the case? Probably not but Daddy's lil Coordinator commented on it awhile back.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Huh. Let’s see.

A. All five current starters are from Iowa.

B. Of the ‘16 class, two were Jucos, one didn’t make it to Ames, and while Mueller left after he was beat out, both he and Foster started (or earned starting spots), IIRC.

C. In the ‘17 class, Bolton did indeed leave the team, but both Knipfel and Newell are starting, so not sure what you’re talking about. Matter of fact, Hudson was the ‘18 Offensive Scout Team POY, and both he and Kleinow (like Knipfel and Newell, also from Iowa) are both fighting for second spots. The only player I’m not hearing anything about is Nogaj.

D. Two of the three ‘18 OL signees are from Iowa.

Not sure where you’re getting your info from.
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but Hudson is from Michigan right? I remember a friend of mine in the program said that they hit on 5/5 for OL in 2017, of course I don't know if Bolton and Schweiger were part of that conversation. What class was Schweiger? I don't see him on 247, but he should've been 2017 I think.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but Hudson is from Michigan right? I remember a friend of mine in the program said that they hit on 5/5 for OL in 2017, of course I don't know if Bolton and Schweiger were part of that conversation. What class was Schweiger? I don't see him on 247, but he should've been 2017 I think.
Probably “not part of that conversation”, since he’s a walk-in.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I didn’t say he’s not a “ stud “ CyTwink, I said he was never offered a ride by Iowa.

How do you know he wasn't. He said in an article I remember reading that they offered him. Who gives a **** anyway? Obviously you're just here to troll.

Help Support Us

Become a patron