Hawkfanatic

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Holy crap, I thought I'd go over and check out Hawkfanatic.
Their forum is like a game at CHA.

Zero posts on WBB, zero posts on wrestling, and of the five other categories, four of them haven't had a post in them in at least 15 months.
A worthy rival to HawkeyeNation.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Holy crap, I thought I'd go over and check out Hawkfanatic.
Their forum is like a game at CHA.

Zero posts on WBB, zero posts on wrestling, and of the five other categories, four of them haven't had a post in them in at least 15 months.

Agreed
1651498497842.png

That place is a ghost town. Who the hell is paying the hosting bill for that traffic?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
When Pat Harty leaves Menards....

bill-hader-laughing.gif

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So for an out of state guy not deep into the back and forth between fans in Iowa, who the **** is this Hardy guy? Somebody on radio, just a social media loudmouth, or just some guy living in his mom's basement?
Well he won't come onto any platform and clear the air despite being invited by Williams and Blum so I am going to go with both b and c.

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
So for an out of state guy not deep into the back and forth between fans in Iowa, who the **** is this Hardy guy? Somebody on radio, just a social media loudmouth, or just some guy living in his mom's basement?
Pat Hardy is what happens when you feel like you have no future and you need one last gasp of desperate relevancy to see if you can finally make it. So you insert yourself into someone's twitter feed.

Just picture Jordan Bohannon in like 10-12 years. But subtract the below average college basketball career. That's Pat Hardy.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
So for an out of state guy not deep into the back and forth between "fans" in Iowa, who the **** is this Hardy guy? Somebody on radio, just a social media loudmouth, or just some guy living in his mom's basement?
Former beat writer for one of the newspapers. I think he was with the Iowa City Press Citizen and got let go when Gannett (owner of the DSM Register) bought them and combined their Hawkeye coverage, but I might have some of those specifics wrong.

Hawk Fanatic is his attempt to go out on his own and keep covering the Hawks, but I don't know how it makes any money.

• Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Former beat writer for one of the newspapers. I think he was with the Iowa City Press Citizen and got let go when Gannett (owner of the DSM Register) bought them and combined their Hawkeye coverage, but I might have some of those specifics wrong.

Hawk Fanatic is his attempt to go out on his own and keep covering the Hawks, but I don't know how it makes any money.

Probably hurting with his day job now that the money for paying bots from Russia has dried up or is in rubles.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Pat Hardy is what happens when you feel like you have no future and you need one last gasp of desperate relevancy to see if you can finally make it. So you insert yourself into someone's twitter feed.

Just picture Jordan Bohannon in like 10-12 years. But subtract the below average college basketball career. That's Pat Hardy.
He's run afoul of his own fanbase from time to time. On one of the hawk sites, they started calling him "Pharty" and I always enjoyed that.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
He's run afoul of his own fanbase from time to time. On one of the hawk sites, they started calling him "Pharty" and I always enjoyed that.
It came from his email at the newspaper. It just first initial last name like a lot of places, but pharty fits him just fine.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I think we could easily take it over by posting about how fanatical we are about Hawks...Red-Tailed, Cooper's, Broad-winged, Sharp-shinned, etc.

• Funny
Reactions: ScottyP

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron