Hawk Talk - KXNO

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Miller finally says, "it's time to cut little brother loose".

Jaime has really ruffled the feathers of Hawkeye nation. :yes4lo:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
You know, I'm here at work and my computer is recording the KXNO stream right now. I haven't listened to the recordings of his show in weeks now because I got so damn tired of all the damn Hawk talk.

I know that Miller can't help it if all Hawk fans call in, but it's freaking annoying.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
he's calling for Barta to drop the game and schedule a home/home woth Nebraska instead.

He's not bent over Jaime's season ticket deal for the game, he's bent over Jaime selling the 4,000 Hawk alottment for $90 a piece instead of the $60-65.

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
he's calling for Barta to drop the game and schedule a home/home woth Nebraska instead.

He's not bent over Jaime's season ticket deal for the game, he's bent over Jaime selling the 4,000 Hawk alottment for $90 a piece instead of the $60-65.

Hawk fans clambored for a series with NU for years and what happened when they got it? 42-7 and 41-13 Huskers. I thought that would be the last we heard that suggestion.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This is just what the Hawks want: any reason to drop ISU other than they don't want to play because they loose too many of the games. If we were in the middle of the 15 game loosing streak our AD wouldn't have the ball to do what JP did, and the Hawks would never want out of a sure win.

woolbuyer

Nov 9, 2006
melcher-dallas

Dace is right nothing make me smile more theh hearing a homie hawk whine.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Man, I haven't listened to Miller in quite a few weeks and all the kudo's I've given him in the past is going down the crapper today because his true Pukeye self is coming through today. Jon Miller quote "I've seen more people in the 319 area code wearing Seattle Seahawk gear then Cyclone crap" I lived close to 319 area code and he is wrongolla. This is the the true pukeye garble that I have expected to hear out of his mouth since the start.

Oh and hey John, learn to use the mute key so we don't have to hear your sorry butt typing while you are supposedly listening to your caller. Now I gotta go and shut off this stream before I hurl.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
While Jon Miller has had a fairly good show up to now, he's really hurting the credibility he's tried to build in one passionate tantrum. He hasn't reasoned once in this entire show, his only response to a valid argument is "It's the principle!" but when a caller brings up the fact that his "principle" of eliminating the common man is flawed because its only $25, or that the increase represents a 38% hike and all season ticket holders saw a similar hike, all he can say is... Principle.

You're losing credibility Jon, and you're stance of removing the game isn't good from any angle. Calm down and form an argument before calling for the axe of a game. You've got listeners who are Hawks and since they can't think for themselves, they take your opinion as their own. It's a power you should be responsible with.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
I haven't listened to Miller in I don't know how long, but regardless if Pollard's plan flies or not, he's succeeded in getting people talking about Iowa St. football in the dead of winter. When was the last time that happened?

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I'll have to disagree on the earlier poster claiming there's much ISU gear in the 319 area code. That's where I grew up and was lucky my parents went to ISU otherwise I wouldn't have known the Cyclones existed. Maybe it's a different story north of I-80...

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
You've got listeners who are Hawks and since they can't think for themselves, they take your opinion as their own. It's a power you should be responsible with.

Oh great a Squaking Army lead by Jon Miller. He did show his true self today, black with a big yellow strip down his back. And just when I was starting to think he was doing a half way good job at giving ISU it's props. :dull8ay:

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I wonder if he is familiar with the economic principles of "supply and demand".

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I do believe Mr. Miller is stirring the pot.

And he's using a very brittle spoon as his argument makes little sense.

Pollard sees these tickets at being worth $150-$200 a year. Yet the schools continue to sell them for $50-65. JP wants some of that coin so he upped the price.

And get rid of the ISU-Iowa series? Yeah...that would be just perfect for the state of Iowa...:rolleyes5cz:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I'll have to disagree on the earlier poster claiming there's much ISU gear in the 319 area code. That's where I grew up and was lucky my parents went to ISU otherwise I wouldn't have known the Cyclones existed. Maybe it's a different story north of I-80...

You are right in that I am north of I80 and am close to the western edge of the 319 area code. I was quoting Miller more so on the way he was referring to "Cyclone crap" and basically putting that kind of a spin referring to anything about ISU. I don't know what happened to all the sudden turn him totally against ISU(other then EIU arrogance) but he really made a switch in today's show that I listened to compared to 3-4 weeks ago when I listened to him last.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I've been giving Jon props on this issue for a while now.

But is he actually so dense as not to see that this affects ISU fans more than Iowa fans. Sure, the per game ticket for the Iowa game is up something like $30 from what Iowa charged last season. ISU fans have to fork out somewhere in the neighborhood of $90 for the season ticket package to get the game itself. Meaning we're getting nailed that same $30, plus what amounts to a $10 per ticket hike for the other 6 games on the schedule.

So once again, stop whining and acting like we're asking Iowa to fund our athletic program.

And as for his assertation that they'll just drop us and schedule Nebraska. Spare me. I'm sure that you're not doing it this coming year just to make sure you don't overextend yourselves with powerhouses Syracuse and Western Michigan coming in. Have you guys seen this home slate? Syracuse, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State, Western Michigan. Is there anybody in the top 100 in there? No games again OSU and Michigan.

Jeesh. I think West Des Moines Valley HS has an open Saturday in September.

Anybody else notice last year that single game ticket to the Iowa Iowa State game in Kinnick weren't available to ISU fans outside our allotment. No wait that can't be true. Iowa is holier-than-thou, they would never do such a thing.

From the UI athletic website

Sandstrum said the UI plans to begin sales of single-game tickets in early July. He said that fans will not have access to tickets for Iowa's games against Iowa State, Ohio State and Purdue.

"Those games are sold out. We're also going to be very limited in inventory to the game against Wisconsin when single-game sales begin," he said.

Now if there are tickets available for the other games, then that must mean that they haven't sold out the stadium with season tickets. Well then why wouldn't there be tickets available for the ISU game? Looks to me that Iowa was holding 3 games hostage last year.....

And this little diddy from the same article.

"UI officials expect all seven home games in 2006 will reach sellout status. Iowa will enter the 2006 season with a string of 17 straight home games played before sellout crowds. "

Wow, 3 years. So much for that line that "Iowa fans know no bounds in their support of their team".

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
The true meaning of the "it's the principle" argument: we're the hawkeyes! you can't do that to us, we are the most important football team in the universe and everything revolves around us! Waaahh! Waaaah!

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
Has nobody pointed out that we don't control how much the Iowa ticket office charges for the allotment of single game tickets they get by contract? Pollard doesn't set that number at $90, the Iowa ticket office does.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Good point, if the Iowa ticket office wanted to be "nice" to their own fans then by all means they should sell the tickets for $60 each and eat the extra $30 themselves. No one's stopping them from doing that!

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Hawk fans will always revert to the mean of intellectual incompetence. It's the Hawkeye Principle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron