Haven't smoked a cigarette in a week

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Looks like we have an over-zealous mod today. Hopefully you caught my post. I was standing by for the flood of posts ripping me to be able to make my point, which is; if you don't quit smoking you will die. You won't be here.

Good luck, btw what does a pack of reds go for these days? The cost of cigarettes is enough reason to quit. I spent $7.50 on a pack in NYC four years ago. Stupid.

Over-zealous mod? You basically said you hope I die. I think your post definitely deserved to be removed.

Wallruss64

Feb 5, 2009
Monticello, IA
No one cares you stupid hawk fan!!!:jimlad: Congrats and hopefully you can kick this bad habit.....and smoking. haha

A bunch of my friends are starting to quit they kind of figured out its way easier to quit at the same time because if one of them had a pack they would all be smoking.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Over-zealous mod? You basically said you hope I die. I think your post definitely deserved to be removed.

It's pretty serious isn't it, suggesting that if you continue to smoke that you will die too soon because of cancer. You might want to explain what you mean by die to IcSyU. He doesn't seem to get it. Now, if you don't hope to die I suggest you stay on the wagon. As I said, good luck.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
It's pretty serious isn't it, suggesting that if you continue to smoke that you will die too soon because of cancer. You might want to explain what you mean by die to IcSyU. He doesn't seem to get it. Now, if you don't hope to die I suggest you stay on the wagon. As I said, good luck.

so if i don't smoke, I live forever????:biglaugh:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Good luck with that! I am still working on that, but haven't quite got there yet. I quit for four months quite a while ago, and keeping active, playing basketball, working out, etc, really helped me remember why I was quitting, and also helped to burn off the nervous energy.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Good luck with that! I am still working on that, but haven't quite got there yet. I quit for four months quite a while ago, and keeping active, playing basketball, working out, etc, really helped me remember why I was quitting, and also helped to burn off the nervous energy.

Yeah, the biggest advantage is definitely in the weight room. I noticed a difference after just a couple days.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The last week makes SO much more sense now.

Good luck quitting. If cold turkey doesn't work, I know a few people who've had a lot of success w/Nicorrette, etc.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Looks like we have an over-zealous mod today. Hopefully you caught my post. I was standing by for the flood of posts ripping me to be able to make my point, which is; if you don't quit smoking you will die. You won't be here.

Good luck, btw what does a pack of reds go for these days? The cost of cigarettes is enough reason to quit. I spent $7.50 on a pack in NYC four years ago. Stupid.

Fine if you want to make your point, but you'll need to do it in another manner.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I congratulate you on your efforts, but wonder why you were stupid enough to start the habit in the first place. Those that are older probably have a little excuse, but anyone younger than 30 that starts the habit should know what they are getting themselves into with all the social negativity & health risks that surround smoking.

Let me have it.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I have some patients who Im treating with acupuncture right now to kick the addiction and am having some great results. If you can do it cold turkey, kudos to you, if not, there are options to help you in the process. Let me know if I can help. Good luck!!!

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I congratulate you on your efforts, but wonder why you were stupid enough to start the habit in the first place. Those that are older have an excuse, but anyone younger than 30 that starts the habit should know what they are getting themselves into with all the social negativity & health risks that surround smoking.

Let me have it.

One of the many stupid things I did while drunk in college - I tried a cigarette. Then I tried another...then I bought a pack every weekend before I went to the bar, and before long, I was smoking all the time.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
to make my point, which is; if you don't quit smoking you will die. You won't be here.

I forgot, those of us who don't smoke never die! :jimlad:

You might want to explain what you mean by die to IcSyU. He doesn't seem to get it. Now, if you don't hope to die I suggest you stay on the wagon. As I said, good luck.

so if i don't smoke, I live forever????:biglaugh:
And you think I'm the one who needs the explanation?

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
One of the many stupid things I did while drunk in college - I tried a cigarette. Then I tried another...then I bought a pack every weekend before I went to the bar, and before long, I was smoking all the time.
You left out the multiple bong hits and waking up in the front lawn of the Kappa Kappa Gucci house naked. Never mind, I was just reminiscing about the good old days.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I hear you. That's how I started. I didn't smoke cigarettes in high school. Tried a few, but nothing too much. Once I got to college, alcohol and cigarettes just went together, and next thing I knew I was hooked.

But fear not, my friend, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I quit in 2007 after 9 years of smoking. I went cold turkey and it was definitely tough. I won't lie and say I have not have a single drag since, but I don't smoke now. There is hope.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Congrats on quitting! It is tough, I know. I wish quitting red meat was as easy. Steak is just sooo good.

I've only eaten chicken (cutting out red meat) off and on for about six years. It is probably a lot easier for me because I naturally don't eat a ton of red meat, but the big thing is to just remember that with something like red meat, it's not bad if you have one small steak once a month or so.

Congrats, DJK!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
And you think I'm the one who needs the explanation?

I think he might be thinking more along this line of reasoning.

"Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corp lives forever. And that means YOU live forever."...unless you smoke.