Hate to say I told ya so

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
But add in the one pass interference call that was missed in the end zone and UNI wins that game ;)

...and they were only in the red zone because of a 60 yard reception by David Johnson, so right back at ya.:wink:

Like I said, David Johnson was the only reason that game was close. It wasn't pretty, but its a very coachable tape for the Iowa staff to work with.

I'm not overly disappointed today...saw a lot of good things and a lot of talent, coaches just need to put it together in the next few weeks before B1G play starts.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
...and they were only in the red zone because of a 60 yard reception by David Johnson, so right back at ya.:wink:

Like I said, David Johnson was the only reason that game was close. It wasn't pretty, but its a very coachable tape for the Iowa staff to work with.

I'm not overly disappointed today...saw a lot of good things and a lot of talent, coaches just need to put it together in the next few weeks before B1G play starts.

Iowa won. It didn't have to be pretty. We suck. There will be no butthurt coming from me. Iowa will only get better. I can't say the same for us at this moment in time.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah.... take away David Johnson's 200+ yds rushing against ISU last year and ISU would have won too!! So there!

BlackHawk

Sep 30, 2010
Too soon. Rough day for you Clones. Kind of feel for you. Was very close to being in this same boat as a Hawk fan ttod

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Lmao, as a Cyclone fan I had no idea what to expect this season. when people asked what I expected of this football season, I said I had no idea and figured the team would be somewhere between bad(0-3 wins) and mediocre(4-6 wins). Today we saw bad, so that's in line with the bottom of my expectations, not sure how anyone here was delusional, most people claimed that if we got lucky, everything gelled, we MIGHT be able to squeak out 6 wins for a bowl game, but most people thought a fair o/u for our wins was 3.

The fact that you are over on a cyclone board trying to say, "I told you so", while claiming you feel bad for "telling us so" shows everyone what you really are, just an internet troll. If you're such a big Hawk fan, why are you not over on the wasteland that is HN discussing your big win over UNI. Had Iowa somehow lost today would you still be over here telling us so? I think not.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
1. UNI is a good football team. So is NDSU. I would wager that UNI outperforms NDSU this year. David Johnson is as legit as it gets.

2. Iowa will be just fine. I'm thrilled they got away with a win today. They need to start throwing the ball down the field more. Many wide open opportunities missed today.

3. ISU is bad. Anyone with half a brain knew they were going to he bad. I've been saying it for awhile. Some on here have been saying it, but not many. A lot of people were cautiously optimistic and I had no clue why. Those same people argued with me nonstop about how I felt so I really don't care how you feel about it. We found out the truth today and I'm sorry that it hurts. There was absolutely delusion on this board for the past few months. Of course a loss like today's is going to wake people up. When I say the Cyclone fan base is delusional it's because of how they felt before this game. Everything obvious pointed to another crappy team, but a lot of you prefer to clutch onto whatever possible in order to justify your belief that it's better than it seemed and that to me is laughable. Wake up next time. You're better than that. A couple pump up youtube videos shouldn't be enough to dictate common sense.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
110 you are just being an ***. If you can't recognize it and stop are are an ***.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
1. UNI is a good football team. So is NDSU. I would wager that UNI outperforms NDSU this year. David Johnson is as legit as it gets.

2. Iowa will be just fine. I'm thrilled they got away with a win today. They need to start throwing the ball down the field more. Many wide open opportunities missed today.

3. ISU is bad. Anyone with half a brain knew they were going to he bad. I've been saying it for awhile. Some on here have been saying it, but not many. A lot of people were cautiously optimistic and I had no clue why. Those same people argued with me nonstop about how I felt so I really don't care how you feel about it. We found out the truth today and I'm sorry that it hurts. There was absolutely delusion on this board for the past few months. Of course a loss like today's is going to wake people up. When I say the Cyclone fan base is delusional it's because of how they felt before this game. Everything obvious pointed to another crappy team, but a lot of you prefer to clutch onto whatever possible in order to justify your belief that it's better than it seemed and that to me is laughable. Wake up next time. You're better than that. A couple pump up youtube videos shouldn't be enough to dictate common sense.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Hate to say I told ya so, but the truth is I did. Chances are the majority of you are too immature to handle it and eat crow like a real man would. I'll probably get banned for saying nothing more than what I've been saying the past few months. So much delusion in Cyclone land regarding the football team. It's been going on for awhile now. JP and Rhoads have effectively pulled a blanket over a bunch of Cyclone fan's heads and a lot of you have allowed it to happen. That's the truth.

You guys wanna listen to Stormin, and Luth, and boyd, and Woody, and Curt Schroeder, and you wanna pretend like reality is something different than what it is. The truth is Rhoads is not the answer and talent just isn't there. The sooner it is accepted the better off it will be. When is basketball season?
I have to say, I really appreciate you stopping by today to enlighten us, you piece of ****.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Only a Hok fan would be dumb enough to come over here and talk smack about their 1 athletic program that is better than ISU's. Oh wait, I'm sorry, Iowa is better than ISU in 2 sports... football and wrestling.

Other than that, ISU's athletics are better than Iowa's. That has to hurt.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Yeah we're not good, but honestly, what are us fans gunna do about it? Of course fans are gunna be optimistic going into a new season.

Were we supposed to all say "yeah we gunna suck, so let's not even go to the games, and not support the team"?

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
Whatever, we all know that football sucks. But guess what, the hawks looked pretty crappy, barely beat UNI, and 100% guaranteed would have lost to NDSU. So as bad as ISU is, Iowa is pretty bad too.......with a damn favorable schedule.

Whatever makes ya feel better

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron