Hate to say I told ya so

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
Hate to say I told ya so, but the truth is I did. Chances are the majority of you are too immature to handle it and eat crow like a real man would. I'll probably get banned for saying nothing more than what I've been saying the past few months. So much delusion in Cyclone land regarding the football team. It's been going on for awhile now. JP and Rhoads have effectively pulled a blanket over a bunch of Cyclone fan's heads and a lot of you have allowed it to happen. That's the truth.

You guys wanna listen to Stormin, and Luth, and boyd, and Woody, and Curt Schroeder, and you wanna pretend like reality is something different than what it is. The truth is Rhoads is not the answer and talent just isn't there. The sooner it is accepted the better off it will be. When is basketball season?

FreeBorn

Jul 3, 2014
I picked them winning 3 games this season. However, I couldn't bring myself to believe that they'd lose to a team a division lower than them. And really didn't think they'd get blown out by them. Silly me, I guess.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Bet you're glad the Hoks managed to slip past UNI today. A play or two is all that separates Iowa from being in the same boat as ISU right now

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Hate to say I told ya so, but the truth is I did. Chances are the majority of you are too immature to handle it and eat crow like a real man would. I'll probably get banned for saying nothing more than what I've been saying the past few months. So much delusion in Cyclone land regarding the football team. It's been going on for awhile now. JP and Rhoads have effectively pulled a blanket over a bunch of Cyclone fan's heads and a lot of you have allowed it to happen. That's the truth.

You guys wanna listen to Stormin, and Luth, and boyd, and Woody, and Curt Schroeder, and you wanna pretend like reality is something different than what it is. The truth is Rhoads is not the answer and talent just isn't there. The sooner it is accepted the better off it will be. When is basketball season?

So were not allowed to be excited? So if Iowa was expecting a bad year you just wouldn't show up and wouldn't support them because they won't win games?

Truth is, is, we're not JP and we can't make decisions. We just have to live with the decisions he makes. Were living with it, and it sucks.

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
Bet you're glad the Hoks managed to slip past UNI today. A play or two is all that separates Iowa from being in the same boat as ISU right now

It would have taken more than two plays for UNI to win by 20 today....you must think numbers are hard.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
So much delusion in Cyclone land regarding the football team.

Have you seen literally any other thread on this site since about the 2nd quarter of the game today? You are like a guy going to the Hindenburg crash site and saying "Yeah, I told you this b**** gonna burn. Lots of delusion around here regarding this blimp."

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Whatever, we all know that football sucks. But guess what, the hawks looked pretty crappy, barely beat UNI, and 100% guaranteed would have lost to NDSU. So as bad as ISU is, Iowa is pretty bad too.......with a damn favorable schedule.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't see any delusion over here Section. Pretty much everyone says ISU sucks and Rhoads should be fired. Where is the delusion you speak of?

Now, regarding your Hoks... at least they won today, but you have to admit they aren't anything special at all either. They won by one possession over UNI in a game where with a couple mins left in the game UNI had 16 penalties and Iowa had 1. Talk about home cookin' in IC today. Geeez.... UNI never had a chance coming in playing against those zebras. Big 10 officials or what?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Whatever, we all know that football sucks. But guess what, the hawks looked pretty crappy, barely beat UNI, and 100% guaranteed would have lost to NDSU. So as bad as ISU is, Iowa is pretty bad too.......with a damn favorable schedule.

That's what's really pathetic. Iowa is a VERY average football team, as evidenced today. But with that schedule they will coast to another Jan 1 bowl game most likely and actually believe they are decent. Makes you want to puke.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010

Living out of state, the Iowa game has become "meh" for me. Thanks for making it interesting again this year.

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
LOL...three attempts already at "ISU lost, but Iowa almost lost, so there!" Iowa will be fine this year...three blown coverages made that game close - David Johnson's three long catches were the only reason UNI was in that game. Take away three of his receptions and they likely had less than 200 total yards and maybe 10 points. Those were coachable mistakes and the LB's will get better as the year goes on.

KeyserSoze

Apr 30, 2010
If you really hated to say I told of so you wouldn't have started this thread. Show a little class (and honesty) next time, bub.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

Anyone who thought that This football team would be a good team or bowl bound is an idiot.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
LOL...three attempts already at "ISU lost, but Iowa almost lost, so there!" Iowa will be fine this year...three blown coverages made that game close - David Johnson's three long catches were the only reason UNI was in that game. Take away three of his receptions and they likely had less than 200 total yards and maybe 10 points. Those were coachable mistakes and the LB's will get better as the year goes on.

But add in the one pass interference call that was missed in the end zone and UNI wins that game ;)

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA

No you don't.

Help Support Us

Become a patron