Info: Has anybody had any ad problems lately? I think we got it solved

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I am probably going to get lambasted for this, but I had an ad show up to buy a picture of some starlet in a mesh top with nothing left to the imagination. I didn't catch who placed the ad before it disappeared for the next ad. Probably not what you want showing up on your site. Certainly not what should show up on my work computer.

Just popped up again. It is Catherine Bell and it is an Etsy ad.

Heh, well ads get served based on user activity. Not only browser history itself, but purchase history of various accounts synced on your device, chat history from various apps, even topics you’ve spoken about on video/phone calls.

Have you been watching JAG reruns lately?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Heh, well ads get served based on user activity. Not only browser history itself, but purchase history of various accounts synced on your device, chat history from various apps, even topics you’ve spoken about on video/phone calls.

Have you been watching JAG reruns lately?

Yeah we have no control over this. It's a user to user thing. If you buy a lot of golf stuff online, you'll see a bunch of golf ads, etc.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Could one of you please screenshot the top right mobile ad issue for me to send to dev? I cannot replicate it.
I think it might have something to do with the ads in the drop down list in the top right, three dots, I had never seen an ad there until I started seeing seeing the ad appear on the homepage. The ad hasn't shown up on the homepage as frequently but I have a screen shot of an ad in the dropdown. It's this but with only the bottom left 50% visible blocking the navigation buttons in the top right. Screenshot_20210719-100413_Chrome.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: SeventhSon

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I had the upper right thing on an iPhone 11 for weeks, although not today. Made navigation incredibly frustrating.
So does my DH. Not sure about today. Told him to post here but he won’t. Sigh.

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
I think it might have something to do with the ads in the drop down list in the top right, three dots, I had never seen an ad there until I started seeing seeing the ad appear on the homepage. The ad hasn't shown up on the homepage as frequently but I have a screen shot of an ad in the dropdown. It's this but with only the bottom left 50% visible blocking the navigation buttons in the top right. View attachment 87103
This is the problem. I'm seeing it too. Ads are showing up in that menu and leaking into the main page.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Every single page today. Makes it very hard to view on mobile device.

Attachments

• BE443291-EB68-4C1B-8D18-DC7D569F9C19.jpeg
    BE443291-EB68-4C1B-8D18-DC7D569F9C19.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 6