Harbaugh to KU

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
KU AD: "And here is our lovely track that runs around our football field."

Harbaugh: "What the ****? A ******* track? Around a football field? **** Really? Are you ******* seriious? Uh, **** this I'm out of here."

Fixed it.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Not true at all. There are lots of special admissions. Most of the Stanford football players wouldn't have a prayer of being admitted to that school if they were a regular student.

you are correct. The military academy system in this country does the same thing. They have minimum admission standards but if you aren't a minority you won't get in with the minimum standards. That is a fact - I am a product of one of those academies and during the admission process I asked someone that question one time. So there are special standards in all institutions.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Harbaugh to KU pretty much a done deal?

From what they are saying on the news in KC, it sounds like Harbaugh is very likely heading to KU for $2.5M per. Big payday, that sucks, he's a good coach.

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
Re: Harbaugh to KU pretty much a done deal?

Multiple stations in the Lawerence area are reporting Harbaugh will sign the contract Sunday after the Heisman presentation...I really hope he's a bust, but I do like the guy

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI

Interesting, I didn't see it, Kansas isn't that great of a place IMO. If he wins, he will be gone fairly quickly.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com

Ya weird? Like has been said before his recruiting class @ Stanford this yr is insane. I would stay at stanford for .5 mill less; just seems easier to keep that movin on up than starting over?

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines

I'll believe it when I see it. Probably not a "done deal", but smoke/fire yada yada yada. I highly doubt the media is in the know...sounds like they are just going off of footballcoachscoop.com. Last I heard they were interviewing Butch Jones this weekend, and Tommy Tuberville is dying to coach there.

If it is true, good get. But we'll see how he recruits in Kansas-land. Last time I checked it wasn't California. Also would wonder why Stanford isn't upping his contract.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

This signing would be a head scratcher to me but isnt his wife from the KC area, only draw for him I would see

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

That'd be crazy. Give KU credit if true. The North may start making some noise again.

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR

Being on the west coast, I have been watching Stanfords program steadily improve the last few years. He is a quality coach and can get into recuits homes just because of his name. He will do well at KU.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston

I think I'd rather coach at stanford

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008

Color me surprised if that is true. Nice land by Lew Perkins.

Interesting to see what his recruiting strategy is. He has been in Cali for several years. Mangino put a lot of emphasis on Texas.

If he has any success, wouldn't be surprised to see him gone soon.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

If true, I will not be happy. I have always thought he would be a great coach when he was at San Diego. The North is in a bit of turmoil in case you did not notice. ISU needs to grab a couple of the KU recruits and make sure we **** pound KU this season. We need to do our part to keep KU down.

tysforcy

Sep 3, 2008
Des Moines

This move makes no sense for Harbaugh. You've just taken Stanford from nothing to something, you have a great freshman QB, and you're moving to a basketball school to build again with an almost empty cupboard....what?

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008

This move makes no sense for Harbaugh. You've just taken Stanford from nothing to something, you have a great freshman QB, and you're moving to a basketball school to build again with an almost empty cupboard....what?

Exactly... I will believe it when I see him at the press conference.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle

Exactly... I will believe it when I see him at the press conference.

I agree with this, and I'm a KU fan. I don't believe any of these "sources" yet.

Hell, earlier today, KU's AD Lew Perkins said this: "...[T]he process is ongoing. We have not offered the head coaching position to anyone."

As of now, I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron