Harbaugh to KU

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Re: Harbaugh to KU pretty much a done deal?

If Rich Rod has one more non-bowling year in Ann Arbor, Harbaugh will continue moving east.....making his stay in KU one year.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Re: Harbaugh to KU pretty much a done deal?

This move makes no sense for Harbaugh. You've just taken Stanford from nothing to something, you have a great freshman QB, and you're moving to a basketball school to build again with an almost empty cupboard....what?

I agree. The only perk I see is money, and I would think that Stanford would have plenty of that.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Earlier today, the Kansas City Star reported that Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh has emerged as Kansas' preferred choice as the replacement for Mark Mangino. The paper goes so far as to say that the two sides have spoken about the opening.

A source with knowledge of the search process has confirmed to CFT that Harbaugh is indeed the No. 1 choice of athletic director Lew Perkins, and that the school could be prepared to offer Harbaugh a contract in the neighborhood of $2.75 million annually.

If Harbaugh is ultimately offered the job and turns it down -- it's believed the Cardinal coach would prefer to stay in Palo Alto -- CFT has learned that a candidate whose name has not been previously attached to the job would emerge as the favorite.

Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema.

According to the source, the Badgers coach is No. 2 on Perkins' most wanted list, and would become the front runner if, again, Harbaugh declines the opportunity if its offered.

The interest "is mutual" between Bielema and Kansas, the source said, although there have been no direct conversations between the school and the coach.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema.

According to the source, the Badgers coach is No. 2 on Perkins' most wanted list, and would become the front runner if, again, Harbaugh declines the opportunity if its offered.

The interest "is mutual" between Bielema and Kansas, the source said, although there have been no direct conversations between the school and the coach.

Bielema is a Big 10 guy and has a much better gig at Wisc that he would have at KU.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Harbaugh might be working Bowlsby for a raise. Like said previously, Harbaugh is likely waiting for the Michigan job to come open again.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
This is going to get interesting if it's apparent that Kansas is going well down their list to finally get somebody to accept the job. Hopefully it's as entertaining as the NU search that ended up with Callahan.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
This is going to get interesting if it's apparent that Kansas is going well down their list to finally get somebody to accept the job. Hopefully it's as entertaining as the NU search that ended up with Callahan.

They may have to wait untill Cincy fills their job and depending on who takes that keep waiting. The sad thing in a way is that its a BCS school and they aren't looked at more than a mid major school in a way

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
KU can now look forward to Butch Jones. But seriously...Nolan Cromwell...not even reportedly getting an interview. Shameful. Sounds a lot like the situation we were in after Mac, and we see how that went.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
There were a few fake reports of Harbaugh considering an offer and I'm pretty sure it never got that far. He was offered but had no intention of accepting. He knows his stock is rising like crazy so why would he take a demotion to Kansas and the Big XII North - both incredibly worse than where he's at right now.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
LOL what is harbaugh doing? I dont care if its a pay raise its still a lateral move at best if hes really looking to become a top flight coach. In all reality if he waits another year he will probably have a shot at the michigan job as he is obviously a better option than les miles. If Rich Rod doesnt go to a bowl next year the job will more than likely be up for grabs for a former michigan guy. Stay at Stanford for right now!

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
LOL what is harbaugh doing? I dont care if its a pay raise its still a lateral move at best if hes really looking to become a top flight coach. In all reality if he waits another year he will probably have a shot at the michigan job as he is obviously a better option than les miles. If Rich Rod doesnt go to a bowl next year the job will more than likely be up for grabs for a former michigan guy. Stay at Stanford for right now!

Not Harbaugh...just looking for a Stanford pay raise...he knows this...

Sports Radio 810 WHB - Powered by Fans

...next in line for discussion?...

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I remember when Hawkins went to CU and I thought it was a great hire as did 90% of the population - didn't turn out all that well (at least so far).