Hall of Fame

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I feel like a HOF player should consistently be a player that you would basically trade anyone for, or would love to have on your favorite team. I have a hard time putting Kurt Warner as a top 5 QB right now in the NFL let alone one of the historical greats.

If you look at it closely you will see that he has been good with StL and Arizona, both teams that play indoors in ideal climates. His numbers speak for themselves when he plays in bad weather (ex. Giants years).

My opinion, and I know it doesn't matter, is that he is a very good player, but not a Hall of Famer.

He has the 3rd best career passer rating of ALL TIME, has been to 3 SBs won 2 MVPs. What else does he need to do to be worthy of playing on your team?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I feel like a HOF player should consistently be a player that you would basically trade anyone for, or would love to have on your favorite team. I have a hard time putting Kurt Warner as a top 5 QB right now in the NFL let alone one of the historical greats.

Really? For this season, I would put him in the top 3. When he was in his prime in St. Louis, I would have put him #1.

I would argue that Arizona doesn't even make the playoffs (in a terrible division mind you) with Matt Lineart at QB. Warner was the catalyst on that team all year long.

ISUpike33

Apr 11, 2006
Vernon Hills, IL
I'm going to guess - be John Elway

I'm not that much of a Bronco homer...but kudos for reading my favorite teams.

I just feel like the Giants years really hurt Kurt's case for me. I know he battled injuries, but I can't fathom a HOF QB basically being unwanted by the entire league while he was still in his prime.

I won't argue numbers, because he has them all, it basically that one fact that makes it a hard sell for me. However I agree with the majority on this board that he will ultimately be enshrined.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Don't forget those Arena Bowl years either! At least 2 that I can think of. That has to be taken into consideration right? :jimlad:

ISUpike33

Apr 11, 2006
Vernon Hills, IL
Really? For this season, I would put him in the top 3. When he was in his prime in St. Louis, I would have put him #1.

I would argue that Arizona doesn't even make the playoffs (in a terrible division mind you) with Matt Lineart at QB. Warner was the catalyst on that team all year long.

In 1999 when Kurt bust on the scene in StL here are just a few of the other QBs who were in the league that you place below Warner.

Brett Favre
Steve Young
Dan Marino
Troy Aikman
Payton Manning

While I might agree that with you on ranking him over some of those guys, I would have a hard time saying he was a clear cut #1.

And before you say it, I know he won the MVP that year.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Warner faced adversity and still has great numbers. Look at Tom Brady. This is the first season he has ever had to face any adversity. Now say he doesn't do anything for the next 2 seasons, is he still considered a HOF QB?

YOU BEAT YOUR *** HE IS. Same goes for Warner. The guy just droped 400 yards and 3 TD's on the best defense in the league. He is in.

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006

I just feel like the Giants years really hurt Kurt's case for me. I know he battled injuries, but I can't fathom a HOF QB basically being unwanted by the entire league while he was still in his prime.

I won't argue numbers, because he has them all, it basically that one fact that makes it a hard sell for me. However I agree with the majority on this board that he will ultimately be enshrined.
He played one year with the Giants, and only played in 10 games. His passer rating was 86.5 in those 10 games. Had 6 TDs and 4 INTs. Also lost 4 fumbles. Was sacked way too much though. Partially his fault, partially o-line's fault.

ISUpike33

Apr 11, 2006
Vernon Hills, IL
I honestly didn't know he played so little with the Giants. After looking at his info a little more and listening to you guys' counter arguments...you win. I agree, he should be in.

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
I honestly didn't know he played so little with the Giants. After looking at his info a little more and listening to you guys' counter arguments...you win. I agree, he should be in.
You can't give up so easily. You should have said his last two years with the Rams are the ones that make you question his HOF resume.:wink:

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

You mean the fact that he missed time due to an injury? I can understand teams being nervous about paying a lot of money to a QB coming off an injury. But I don't think any teams were concerned with the quality of his play.

(Posted this before reading your last post.)