Great WRNL article

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
A great article. I am one of those fans that have done everything in that article. What a freaking awesome ride this year in basketball.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
The only silver lining to losing Georges in round 1 will be that chip on his shoulder when he comes back next year. A healthy Georges is a nightmare. A motivated, hungry and healthy Georges with a chip on his shoulder and not playing out of position might be unstoppable.

Last edited by a moderator:

cykocy

Dec 22, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Great read. For the last 3 years I have left every season thinking that it doesnt get any better...and yet it does. Hard to imagine next year being any different.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think my favorite part was this line:

Thank you, Georges and Naz, for being both the closer and THE ******* CLOSER.

Remember--we get those two back next year, and the year after that, another year of experience, weight training, and coaching from Fred each time. Next year is going to be great, and 2015-2016 with senior Naz as one of the best shooters in school history and an epically crafty and more athletic Niang is going to be awesome.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
I think my favorite part was this line:

Thank you, Georges and Naz, for being both the closer and THE ******* CLOSER.

Remember--we get those two back next year, and the year after that, another year of experience, weight training, and coaching from Fred each time. Next year is going to be great, and 2015-2016 with senior Naz as one of the best shooters in school history and an epically crafty and more athletic Niang is going to be awesome.

the sweet 16, most certainly, is not our ceiling.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
LOL at the Cyclone poster mock-up in the article. Awesomely cool but too profane to insert here. :smile: