Great game, lame crowd

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Yeah, only a small portion rushed, and they were off the field after like 5 minutes, which would make me think they figured out how stupid they were when no one else went with them. I would say though that a good portion were people who came from the opposite end of the stadium as the students, so it wasn't all students. I saw one dude leaving from a section at the opposite end of us who jumped over the wall and ended up face first one the cement boundary. :biglaugh:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
i sit in the part not in the sun and was hooping n hollering with the cold wind blowing in face while the warmer sun part with wind block was quite and nonexistent most of the time, where was everyone at today?

Can someone give me the directions on how to block someone?

matt8879

Apr 11, 2006
my part of the student section was dead (bal. R 3rd row). but who cares, we won. ill be on a high all work week.

Yeah that was the only dead part of the stands. I think there was a lot of "migration" to other parts of the stadium. This still was an excellent turnout.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I'm glad to hear everyone giving props to the crowd. I had to watch on TV and couldn't tell if the crowd was dead or if it was just the audio on the broadcast. Looks like it really was just the audio. Now we just need to get everyone to show up big for the Colorado game, because that could be another W for us.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Can someone give me the directions on how to block someone?

Go into User CP, and on the left hand side of that screen, go to Buddy/Ignore Lists and add the user you want to block. There used to be an option in the threads to add a user to the ignore list, but it doesn't look like it's there anymore.

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006
I watched that game as well as many others on tv and I found that Iowa State sounded LOUDER than the other stadiums

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
i sit in the part not in the sun and was hooping n hollering with the cold wind blowing in face while the warmer sun part with wind block was quite and nonexistent most of the time, where was everyone at today?

you're lame dude. I sit in the sun and the crowd was fine...never sat down once and lost my voice as did my buddies. And we weren't yelling for people to stand up and cheer. Section 20 rocks. Maybe you need hearing/vision testing.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
I had no problems with the crowd at all on Saturday. I don't care how big of a homer you are, it's hard to get up for a 1-8 team, and considering that I'd say we were pretty loud when it counted.

Cycloneman

Oct 25, 2007
"Sure, it was tamer than OU, but it was far better than the Texas game! And as much as some people want everyone on their feet all game long, it is damn cold out at times, and not everyone is dong to jump at your command. He happy that people showed up and cheered the way they did, because after only winning one game before today really leaves nothing to cheer about. This victory was for more than jus the team, it was for those who still care enough to show up, standing or not, to cheer on their favorite team."

I beg to differ I was the OU game and when we were tied 7-7 with them the crowd it feel like we were down 49-7. I thought the crowd was more into than the OU game. I don't have the exact numbers on me but from I could tell yes there were more people at the OU game which could make it look like and feel like we the crowd wasn't as "tame" (but they were!)

If I were to go to game in Ohio State where they can cram 100,000 people in there of course it's going to seem like their fans get into it more compared to a sold out, and pack Jack Trice that's just simple physics.

I thought the crowd from yesterday's game was great.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

Well.... I know I had a good time all morning. The game rocked. Tailgating was great... Except for the bus beside me, that had there 50ft flag pole come down on my truck.

So we got the W, the bourbon was good, the crowd rocked. And I'm taking off work this morning to get my truck to a body shop... Yay..

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

Good for you.

ks99753.jpg

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Great crowd and should be a full house for CU. If Mizzou or Kansas had our record, the stands would be EMPTY.

Now wait just a minute Ketel....Ya know you could be right...I attended several KU vs Mizzou games and the stands were well...1/3 full!!!!

Great rivalry huh??? When their is so much interest that the rivalry draws 15000...Now Ketel my friend...thats a big time rivalry...YA RIGHT!!!!!:cool: