Great Date Ideas

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I took a date one time on a very late night picnic in that lighted walkway area at the Iowa State Center. It was nice out, real dark, cool just laying there talking, making out, trying to get a jump start on sealing the deal...
Then we heard an incredibly painful sound: a fox killing a rabbit in the bushes close to us
...needless to say the deal was not sealed.
Actually, that was me and my date. Apologies.

Reactions: clones_jer

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I took a date one time on a very late night picnic in that lighted walkway area at the Iowa State Center. It was nice out, real dark, cool just laying there talking, making out, trying to get a jump start on sealing the deal...
Then we heard an incredibly painful sound: a fox killing a rabbit in the bushes close to us

What? Thats primal.. Huge turn on. :wink:

Reminds me of this for some reason....caution NSFW because of language.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUa2atNxhfg]YouTube - Swingers: Claws & Fangs[/ame]

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

So you're telling me that horrifying sound a rabbit makes when it dies is NOT a turn on for the ladies?

Huh.

GeronimusClone said:
This was based on the stipulation that both parties were drunk before meeting.

More of an assumption than a stipulation.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Have you sealed the deal yet or not? Because this is important to how you proceed from here. Assuming you haven't, we'll go through the steps.

1) Invite her to your place to pre-game. This is important because you will root out right away how interested she is. If she's squeamish with a bach pad, RUN AWAY. This screams high maintenance. Remember not to be too into her right off the bat. Offer her a beer, let her know there's more if she needs it, but DO NOT dote on her hand and foot. This causes her to lose interest.

2) Remember to sort of ignore her, but not too much. You don't want her to get bored, but you don't want to hover. Hovering betrays your lack of confidence.

3) After some pre-gaming at your place, head out to the bars with a group, or to a party where there will be friends of yours in attendance. This is to see how she handles your friends. If she isn't having fun, she's probably a huge *****. Again, still play it detached. Remember to either say REALLY funny things, or somehow demonstrate some skill be it prowess at a drinking game, musically, comedically, or just showing you aren't an idiot. You have to demonstrate that you at least have some kind of ability at something.

4) Around 11:00-12:00PM, you start moving in a little bit more. Maybe put your arm around her back, something like that. Continue for an hour or so, while continuing to socialize with others. Say that you're starting to get a little bit hungry, ask if she wants to get some late night munchies. She likely will, so you let her pick the place.

5) After you get some food, go back to your places because "people are coming over for after hours".

6) Well, you get the idea.

Go get 'em tiger!

This pretty much covers it.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Thank you kindly, sir. This approach was developed after some major trial and major error. It's a combination of the principles of the Tao of Steve, with some of my own specific experience (steps 1, 4, and 5 in particular) thrown in for good measure.

It's a great approach. If you execute the steps succesfully and fail, it usually means that she's not the kind of girl you want to sink a lot of effort into.

In re: step 4, I'm thinking your arm will fall asleep after about 15 min. or so.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Tough to do much with the weather we're having. It pretty much rules out everything outside except for 7 Oaks. Couple of suggestions: I'd look into the Ballroom Dancing. You can do things like that cheap on campus that you could never do in bigger cities. Also, check out som M-Shop shows. Maybe see when they have the open skating at the Ice arena. If the girl is in to trying new things, maybe laser tag at Perfect Games? For good, not-super-expensive food, I'd hit up The Spice and Cafe Shi.

Otherwise, Al_4_State has it down. Pre-party, bar, food, after hours. If you have a chick that is down with that, better keep her around.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Go to WallNut Creek in Kelly and dink around on the rock climbing walls for awhile. Its usually a pretty good time...

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
if you all have anymore of those low 0 to-10 nights,go buy a couple of comforters and entertain each in a bed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron