Great article from Vegas on UNLV basketball

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Does not sound like great preparation for NBA.

Sounds like lazy ball with that much talent.

Sounds like redshirt year at Findlay before MWC with no study work from tutors.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
"I like the style of offense, getting up and down the floor and scoring"

UNLV ranks in the lower half of all NCAA teams in offense. Was Vaughn mistaking UNLV for Kansas or Iowa state? Best sentence of that article haha

a part of me hopes UNLV only wins 12-13 games next season

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

UNLV ranks in the lower half of all NCAA teams in offense. Was Vaughn mistaking UNLV for Kansas or Iowa state? Best sentence of that article haha

A 2012-2013 UK type of season would be cool with me.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

I noticed some of those points when I watched the post commitment interview. I wasn't so mad that he picked UNLV, but the fact that his reasoning made absolutely no sense ****** me off. He wanted to win a national championship, get show cased, and play for a good coach, but he chooses UNLV? Seems to me he wanted he didn't really want to play college ball so he took the easy way out, or Dave Rice is so good at recruiting that the kids he goes after are convinced of such without questioning what he says. The way Dave Rice coaches will have UNLV in the NIT next season.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
It sounds even shadier than the days when Tark was there.

They have the 3 top 50 players plus some good players returning, but San Diego State and New Mexico should still be good next year too, plus they will have veteran teams returning. I don't think UNLV will run away with the Mountain West easily, plus they play a pretty tough non-conference next year, which may not help the new players gel. It will be interesting to watch.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
They suck plain and simple and will continue to suck because their coach sucks. I will take great pleasure in watching them limp into the NIT this year and next. This is not sour grapes, this is the truth. The Vaughn camp could have at least spend more time to come up with something more believable than "pro style offense" because that's the biggest joke imaginable.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
UNLV is just selling Vegas to one-and-dones. "Hey, come spend your only year of college before you enter the draft here and we'll make sure you get what ever dirty pleasure that Vegas can offer that you want. Not only will we turn the other cheek, but we'll make sure you get it." Only thing that makes sense to me besides blatant NCAA violations. My only question is how does a kid spin the UNLV commitment into "this is what my FAMILY decided was best"?? That kinda reeks of payments.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Time to move on guys. His time in the limelight ended the moment he chose UNLV. Let it die.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Time to move on guys. His time in the limelight ended the moment he chose UNLV. Let it die.

Agreed. Keep in mind, he chose UNLV not just over Iowa State, but also over UNC, KU and Kentucky. I'm not sure how many recruits on the planet would make a choice like that if they were only basing the decision on basketball-related criteria. Let it go.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
They suck plain and simple and will continue to suck because their coach sucks. I will take great pleasure in watching them limp into the NIT this year and next. This is not sour grapes, this is the truth. The Vaughn camp could have at least spend more time to come up with something more believable than "pro style offense" because that's the biggest joke imaginable.

Pro Style Offense? That is George Mikan pro style.
George Mikan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I am willing to let go of RV, however, I am still interested to see what role Kaffey will play next year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in some coaching capacity next year.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
They will basically be Baylor. If everything comes together, and they have a good/great pg (I don't think they have one nor is one coming in) they can go to the elite eight. If it doesn't come together, then have fun beating Iowa in the NIT Championship game.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006

Why just a part?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron