Goodmam sells gyro and superdog business

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I must be in the minority but I liked the Qdoba a lot. The location was effin awful, trying to turn out of that strip mall is a death sentence.

agreed. I think if Qdoba had been in a spot like Chipotle it would have survived. Their variety is considerably better than either Pancheros, Chipotle or FB. That said, there's a time and a place for each. Qdoba is good if you want some variety, like a mole sauce or soup. Pancheros is good for their tortillas and chips n' queso. Chipotle has the best meat. Fighting Burrito is good if you are drunk, want delivery, and are willing to overlook an inferior product. :jimlad:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Flying burrito was great under the original management, but it went downhill while i was still in school even (which is a long time ago now)

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I had Fighting Burrito delivered like 2 months ago because I remembered liking Flying Burrito in college, what an unwise decision. Tiny burrito, large price, not good and it took for ******* ever to get to my house.

ISUalum2012

Mar 24, 2014
I have learned 1 and only 1 thing reading this thread. I need to try Fighting Burrito while not drunk...

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
I had Fighting Burrito delivered like 2 months ago because I remembered liking Flying Burrito in college, what an unwise decision. Tiny burrito, large price, not good and it took for ******* ever to get to my house.

That's sad... I remember the last time I was in FB(when it was just west of campus) the burritos were like the size of your forearm.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
agreed. I think if Qdoba had been in a spot like Chipotle it would have survived. Their variety is considerably better than either Pancheros, Chipotle or FB.

I loved their Mexican gumbo. They had some mango Spanish salad that my wife loved.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that Goodman was wrong about the mall and he's been on the wrong side of most of the controversial city council votes. The guy votes for HIS interests, not the city's.

I laugh every time someone mentions sprawl associated with Ames. Sprawl? In Ames? LOL.

Help Support Us

Become a patron