Golf in Kansas City

Nov 30, 2011
England / Miami
I'm having to make a trip to Kansas City in the near future and this good weather has got me craving a round of golf.

The obvious problem is that we are still in March. Does anyone know of any courses in KC that may be open if the weather continues to improve??

cheers.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Lost of courses are open down here in KC. Only issues are the wild weather swings we get. Also, most of the courses here have zoysia grass so a lot of yellow fairways and tees right now until warmer weather. There are plenty of good choices though

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Anyone have any suggestions for two nice courses in the KC area?

some guys and I are going down doing Firekeeper in Mayetta on Friday and looking for 2 courses potentially in the KC area that are relatively close to each other so we can fit 36 holes in on a Saturday.

Was thinking Shoal Creek and one other but open to suggestions
@kchacker @ZJohnson

cyguy9320

Nov 26, 2006

some guys and I are going down doing Firekeeper in Mayetta on Friday and looking for 2 courses potentially in the KC area that are relatively close to each other so we can fit 36 holes in on a Saturday.

@kchacker @ZJohnson

Shoal Creek is one of my faves and only 5 min from me so I play it most often, Tiffany Greens, Swope Memorial, Hodge Park, Drumm Farm, Heart of America, and Hillcrest are some other decent courses that I have played.

Reactions: ZJohnson

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...

@kchacker @ZJohnson

Been a hot minute since I have played some golf down there but Shoal Creek is definitely a top track(or at least used to be). I know there is another course right next to there but I can't remember the name or if it was a good track. Wish I could help more. Enjoy the spring golf!

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix

@kchacker @ZJohnson

Firekeeper is excellent, I would never turn down a chance to play there. Saw a friend make a HIO there, was a good time. Well, sorta - we didn't see the ball go in, but it was there.

I haven't lived in KC in a few years so things may have changed a bit...

In the metro my favorite course is Sycamore Ridge, but it's way down south and there isn't much near it. Prairie Highlands isn't too far but I haven't lived there in awhile and the last time I did it wasn't in very good shape. They have new owners since I played it and it may have improved.

Shoal Creek is excellent, and if you'll be up north Paradise Point is a good choice. Winterstone is good, and so is Stone Canyon.

Are you staying in KC? If so, where?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Firekeeper is excellent, I would never turn down a chance to play there. Saw a friend make a HIO there, was a good time. Well, sorta - we didn't see the ball go in, but it was there.

I haven't lived in KC in a few years so things may have changed a bit...

In the metro my favorite course is Sycamore Ridge, but it's way down south and there isn't much near it. Prairie Highlands isn't too far but I haven't lived there in awhile and the last time I did it wasn't in very good shape. They have new owners since I played it and it may have improved.

Shoal Creek is excellent, and if you'll be up north Paradise Point is a good choice. Winterstone is good, and so is Stone Canyon.

Are you staying in KC? If so, where?

Thanks! Nothing set yet. I know we’re headed down Friday morning and staying at Firekeeper Friday to gamble. Leave for the metro early Saturday. Nothing is set for that yet

Brookcyde

Aug 29, 2012
If you are in the Northland to play Shoal Creek, then try Tiffany Greens, a couple of miles south of the airport. If you wander down to the older part of town, Swope Memorial and Hillcrest are classics--rolling hills, lots of big trees, very close to each other.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

@kchacker @ZJohnson
Tiffany Greens is a lot of fun. Adams Pointe is another I have played and enjoyed.

Last edited:

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Been a hot minute since I have played some golf down there but Shoal Creek is definitely a top track(or at least used to be). I know there is another course right next to there but I can't remember the name or if it was a good track. Wish I could help more. Enjoy the spring golf!
That is Hodge Park. It’s alright. Reminds a lot of Toad Valley here in DSM.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Thanks! Nothing set yet. I know we’re headed down Friday morning and staying at Firekeeper Friday to gamble. Leave for the metro early Saturday. Nothing is set for that yet

I saw it mentioned elsewhere in here - if you book Shoal Creek, Tiffany Greens is a good nearby choice. Used to be one of the premier courses in KC and held some pro events. Not sure about today.

I played an event at Tiffany Greens years ago on a recruiting firm's dime and a bunch of our contractors came with. Most were Indian. None brought clubs because they were not aware that they were not provided. We teed off before their group. I feel sorry for those that teed off after. We rearranged teams to try and stack the deck in our favor but the course already had the names put into the live scoring system. It was my first time playing with live scoring, which made it fun to play in another group and watch my name pop up after every hole as +32 or whatever the hell they were at. Not a very good score for a scramble.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron